Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

GTKY Who wants to play?

How long have you been posting on TB?

Have any strange habits?

What's one thing you fear?

What's your favorite thing about living in DFW?

What's your least favorite thing about living here?

Favorite book?

Have you met anyone famous?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY Who wants to play?

• How long have you been posting on TB? Since getting BFP, Sept 2012, but an active TN poster for years!!

Have any strange habits? I pull my hair when I get stressed out or nervous.

What's one thing you fear? Losing our earnest money!! We are really close on closing on a house and things are not going well for us, our lender keeps requesting something different everyday! They are in Kansas City so they are getting slammed by snow every week and only been working one or two days a week, so we can't get hold of them.

What's your favorite thing about living in DFW? We moved from Austin 2.5 years ago, I like that poeple put more effort into how they dress in DFW. I felt over dressed in Austin 99% of the time, here I am an average dresser!

What's your least favorite thing about living here? Everything is so spreadout, there is a lot to do, but you have to drive at least an hour to get to it.ETA: I miss having an HEB grocery store in this area.

Favorite book? To kill a mockingbird, and 100 years of Solitude

Have you met anyone famous? I saw Lyle lovett in Houston airport once, met Giada De Laurentis at a book signing, closest to meeting was Emmanuelle Vaugier, I was an extra in Second Hand Lions and were in couple of scenes with her.

• imageTX-Bride:

What's your least favorite thing about living here? Everything is so spreadout, there is a lot to do, but you have to drive at least an hour to get to it.ETA: I miss having an HEB grocery store in this area.

Have you met anyone famous? I saw Lyle lovett in Houston airport once, met Giada De Laurentis at a book signing, closest to meeting was Emmanuelle Vaugier, I was an extra in Second Hand Lions and were in couple of scenes with her.

Did you post on TK local board a couple years ago?  Your screen name looks so familiar.  I remember an Amanda having a screen name similiar to yours.  I think her name was Amanda.... 

I miss HEB too!  There are HEB products at Central Market.  Do you shop there?

Second Hand Lions is a great movie - what a cool experience!!

• Loading the player...
  • imagecrystalite2004:

How long have you been posting on TB?  TB - one year, infrequently until the last couple of months.  I used to post on the TK local board but couldn't log back in with the same name so I had to get a new one.

Have any strange habits? I check the door locks and make sure my children are breathing before bed and any time I wake up during the night.  Paranoid?  Probably.

What's one thing you fear? I fear that I'll screw up my children by trying NOT to screw them up.

What's your favorite thing about living in DFW? Where I live, everything is close by so I can get errands done quickly.  I love the friendliness of almost everyone - unless I'm at Walmart. 

What's your least favorite thing about living here? Traffic and construction. 

Favorite book? The Next Thing on My List and The Giver

Have you met anyone famous? I've met Jay Novacek.  After waiting in the cold for 3 hours to get an autograph for DH.  Talk about true love.  DH has met some Dallas Cowboys and Rangers when he worked retail and once he helped one of the Jonas brothers.  He didn't know who he was until someone told him after the fact. 

• How long have you been posting on TB? 

Since I got pg with my daughter near the end of 2009

Have any strange habits?

I am sure I do, I just can't think of any off the top of my head

What's one thing you fear?

RODENTS, and bobcats and wolves

What's your favorite thing about living in DFW?

I love that we have mild winters

What's your least favorite thing about living here?

The not so mild summers

Favorite book?

That's a hard one, Ragtime is probably my favorite book ever, but I am also a BIG fan of the first two hunger games books, I also LOVED Jodi Picoult's 19 Minutes...I love books :) 

Have you met anyone famous?

I have met a lot of Broadway actors and actresses, The only main stream person I can think of is the girl who played Deb in Napolean Dynamite (she's on Grey's Anatomy now) There was a short lived TV show called The Deep End that she was in that filmed at the middle school I taught at one day, and she was super sweet and met the kids and teachers and took pictures. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecrystalite2004:
    imageTX-Bride:

Did you post on TK local board a couple years ago?  Your screen name looks so familiar.  I remember an Amanda having a screen name similiar to yours.  I think her name was Amanda.... 

I miss HEB too!  There are HEB products at Central Market.  Do you shop there?

Second Hand Lions is a great movie - what a cool experience!!

I used to be on Austin's TK a lot in 2006. My names is Amy, so I am guessing I am not the same person.

I shop at Central Market every now and then, it's not as close as other grocery stores so I don't go as much.

• How long have you been posting on TB? Since Feb of last year.

Have any strange habits? I pick at my lips when I get stressed which make for some sore/chapped lips!

What's one thing you fear? Never having children.

What's your favorite thing about living in DFW? It's not as humid as Houston where I'm originally from!

What's your least favorite thing about living here? My commute to work.

Favorite book? Too many to count! I love to read.

Have you met anyone famous? Well I saw Ken Paves, Jessica Simpson's former BFF & hair stylist in LAX awhile back. I didn't talk to him though. Does he count? lol

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• How long have you been posting on TB? Since this past December when I got my BFP

Have any strange habits? I fidget with my jewelry when I'm nervous or bored.

What's one thing you fear? Snakes!!

What's your favorite thing about living in DFW? There's lots to do here!

What's your least favorite thing about living here? Since its so spread out all the driving gets old

Favorite book? I love the Sherlock Holmes stories.

Have you met anyone famous? Bruce Willis when I lived in San Antonio. He was very cool!
  • How long have you been posting on TB? um...since 2006 Embarrassed

Have any strange habits?  I do a lot of things in the same order everytime

What's one thing you fear? heights

What's your favorite thing about living in DFW? a lot to do

What's your least favorite thing about living here? construction

Favorite book? hmm...I don't really have a favorite but right now I like to read easy to read mysteries

Have you met anyone famous? Jason Garrett, Michael Irvin, Lou Diamond Phillips

ETA: I started posting on TN in 2006 and TB in fall 2009 I think

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Posting infrequently since 2008 when I got pregnant with my son.

I only eat one thing at a time on my plate. 

I have an irrational fear of house fires, although I've never been in one before. 

I love living in Dallas probably because of the Design District and how many businesses there are catering to a creative industry. 

I hate the Mosquitos and chiggers though. I wish summertime was more pleasurable outside, preferring less bugs and cooler temp. 

I wish I had time to read. I birthed not one but two craptastic sleepers. By the time they go to sleep I am wiped out. 

I went to school with several child stars from elementary through junior high. Most notably Brian Austin Green. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"