Creating Profile Books — The Bump
Adoption

Creating Profile Books

DH and I are getting close to the stage where we are going to start creating our profile book for BMs.  What online sources did you use? Our agency has some guidelines but I wanted to get some ideas where to start.

Some restrictions:

No hardbound books (our agency works with a partnership of agencies in the Pacific Northwest so they have to easily mailable), just plastic covers kind of like the ones you would use for reports in schools.

8.5 x 11

Not scrapbook style (no 3D pieces, trinkets, etc) 

Any ideas? I am computer savvy but do not have full access to a lot of design software.  

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 

Re: Creating Profile Books

• We used blurb books- they can be done in softcovers and are really easy to use. But if the agency is really looking for more of a three hold binder type of thing with a plastic cover it won't work for you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are using mixbook but I have made books with both snapfish and shutterfly before (I usually make them when I have a coupon code). All three allow for soft cover books that are 8.5 x 11. Maybe peruse the styles the offer and see if something stands out? Also, ask you're agency if they have found one site that works better for their requirements.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Loading the player...
  • our agency doesn't allow bound books, so we were stuck with using powerpoint.  there is also a program you can download called memorymixer (i think the download was $35 or $45).  it's kind of a scrapbooking thing.  it seems like it would be good b/c you can do different backgrounds, graphics, layouts, etc, but i'm not really into scrapbooking, so it just seemed time consuming and annoying.  although looking at other people's profile books, i might wind up redoing ours to give it a little more pizazz.

good luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards