July 2011 Moms
Options

UTI?

I brought LO in to Pedi Saturday at 9:30am because she threw up 6 times in middle of night and fever. He was quick to diagnose her having Norovirus, however she didnt have diarrhea..He said if she didnt get diarrhea within 48 hours to bring her in to see if she has a UTI..so all day Saturday she cuddles and slept, she slept well Saturday night and seemed fine Sunday with no apparent fever. She slept well last night but still has low grade fever of no more than like 99.8 I just picked her up from in laws who watched her when I was at work and they said she was fine. she is now napping so I havent had time to assess her while awake. I have heard they check for UTI by inserting a cathetor and its  can be really painful so I hate to bring her in to have them check, I dont think she has  a UTI but not sure what to do. I think I will see how she is when she wakes up and maybe call the nurse and ask her. DD is staying hydrated and I notice no change in her diapers color, smell or frequency

any of your LOs ever have a UTI? if so, what were symptoms. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UTI?

• Options

eating ok too.

also I messaged our friend who is a PA and he just thinks she had gastritis. she also now has a little runny/stuffy nose. Pedi had said her ears look ok too, because when I brought her in I thought it was another ear infection. 

I think she may just have a virus but worrying too about the UTI thing..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I dont have much advice but I am pretty sure if they want to test her they will put a catch bag on her hoho and not a catheter. Then yoi have to just stay there long enough for her to pee. Good luck.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"