Preemies

Intro

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself.  My daughter, Mabel, was born on 2/17.  She was an emergency c-section at 34 weeks and 5 days as I had started to hemorrhage due to a placenta previa.  She is currently in the nicu.  In the past week she was taken off her cpap and bilirubin lights and just got moved yesterday to the "grower and feeder" section of the nicu while she learns to feed and maintain her body temp.

It's all really scary and every time I think about her I start to cry because I feel like I let her down by not being able to carry her to term.  I'm starting to feel more comfortable in the nicu now, but every time I go, I get really nervous.

They haven't given me any estimates as to how long she will be in.  They mention a lot that she seems a little younger (although we know her exact conception date due to ivf). 

this looks like a nice, supportive board and I wanted to introduce myself.

imageimage
Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Intro

• Congratulations on the birth of your LO! Your feelings are totally normal. I pray that Mabel is home with you soon.

• Welcome and congrats on your baby girl. :) Ditto what other PPs said- your feelings are totally normal. You have nothing to feel guilty about, though; her early delivery was out of your control. Hope her NICU stay is short! Enjoy your little girl! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your baby! I also had a placenta previa that precipitated my preemie. Hope your baby is home soon!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• welcome and congrats! This board is great even if you are a lurker or occasional poster like me :) You didnt let her down but its totally normal to feel that way. I hope your Nicu stay is quick and uneventful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"