January 2013 Moms
Options

Lactation Cookies

I know this has come up several times before but obviously I haven't written it down. 

Does anyone have a lactation cookie recipe that they have tried and loved? How quickly did you see results?

I know I can buy brewer's yeast online but has anyone found it in their grocery store?  If so, what part of the store did you find it in?  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
1/12/13 DD was born
4/9/16 DS was born 
9/17 CP 
6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

Re: Lactation Cookies

• Options
    I buy brewer's yeast in the bulk aisle at Fred Meyer. I've made lactation cookies using the Noel Trujillo recipe from food.com. I go sparingly on the sugar and omit the eggs using flax seed meal instead since it's an egg sub anyway just follow the sub directions on the bag. I also add an extra cup of oats.

They seem to work for me but who knows, it might be completely psychological.

• Options

They are ok and I think worked for me although I still dont have a huge supply. Just more than before. What I like is that they are filling. Sometimes after our 5am feeding I am starving but too tired ti make anything. I'll have a cookie and it will hold me over until after his next feeding 3 or 4 hours later. I got the brewers yeast and flax seed at whole foods supermarket. GL

Here is the recipe I tried:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour

1 3/4 c. oats

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

3/4 c. almond butter or peanut butter

1/2 c. butter, softened

1 c. flax

3 T brewer's yeast

1/3 c. water

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 c. sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 large eggs

2 c. (12oz) chocolate chips

1 c. chopped nuts of your choice

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.

In a large bowl, beat almond butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, brewer's yeast, flax and water until creamy. Mix in eggs.

Gradually beat in flour mixture. Mix in nuts and chocolate chips. Add oats slowly, mixing along the way.

Place balls of dough onto greased baking sheets or baking stones. Press down each ball lightly with a fork.

Bake 12 minutes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This is the recipe that I altered to my preferences... They seem to work for me! I ordered Brewers Yeast from Amazon because it's less expensive than buying it in the store, but I have seen it at Whole Foods and in the health food department at local grocery stores. It's pricey, but worth it to me! I eat three or four cookies per day (at least, some days more- and I wonder why I am not losing my pregnancy weight faster!). Enjoy :)

https://allrecipes.com/personalrecipe/63543307/lactation-cookies/detail.aspx

BFP 9/27/11, EDD 6/3/12, Missed MC 9w3d BFP 1/1/12 EDD 9/7/12 Natural MC 6w3d BFP 5/8/12, EDD 1/15/13 IT'S A GIRL :)Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use this one : https://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/lactation-cookies-recipe-increasing.html Major Milk Makin' cookies, I got my Brewer's yeast from GNC.I'm not a fan of the taste. I've tried a couple recipes and can always taste it, but this one not as much. I used apple sauce instead of butter and more flaxseed to cut down on eggs.

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I saw results, I have like 3 recipes I've tried on my blog under "breastfeeding" you can pretty much just add oats, yeast & flax seed to any recipe. I also notice an increase in production when I eat bran flakes twice a day.

I got brewer's yeast at a nutrition & wellness store. 

• Options
    My neighbor dropped off a batch yesterday and although I'm sure it was just a coincidence, right after I had a cookie my right boob starting leaking.  I haven't had any leaks for at least a week so maybe it did work :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The recipe that I used made WAY too many cookies and I literally threw half of them away because I couldn't eat them fast enough. They did taste pretty good though. I will post the recipe later as I'm not home and on my phone now. I found Brewers Yeast at Vitsmin Shoppe. GNC has it as well.
  • Options

I also use the recipe from peaceful parenting, but half the sugar. I think they're best with choc chips and raisins! They are yummy and filling which is great since finding time to cook is a little challenging right now. 

As to results, well.. not so much for me, but nothing seems to have helped, and I've tried it all! It's good to know that it's worked for others. GL to you!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    By the way, you can buy Brewer's yeast in capsules. If you are really hoping to up your supply I'd try that as well. It's the only supplement I didn't take (other than in the cookies). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"