April 2012 Moms
Options

Hey Ladies, quick question!

I used to post on here but I haven't in quite awhile! But my LO has always spit up a ton, but today it has started smelling like beer/yeast. She also has diarrhea. I googled it and am thinking it could possibly be thrush? I plan on calling her doctor in the morning but was wondering if any of you experienced this? Thanks in advance! 

Re: Hey Ladies, quick question!

• Options

Sorry; I don't have any advice! Were you able to get in touch with the pedi?

Just anecdotally, DS has had to be FF since he was 8 weeks old (long story: massive issues with BF: flat nipples, poor latch, staph/strep infection, mastitis, etc), so his spitup has always smelled horrible/kind of yeasty to me (formula just smells terrible in general, I think). But now, since he's been eating more and more table foods (refuses purees), and is down to 20 oz formula/day, when he spits up, it totally smells like adult vomit! It's kind of freaking me out, but I figure that's probably normal if he's eating the same things we're eating.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It could just be milk on her tongue. It smells if you don't wipe it after feedings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Turns out it was a yeast infection. Very strange... occurred in her belly is what the doctor explained to me. Thanks for the info ladies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"