Blended Families
Options

Annoying client

I had a,client today that has an 18 mo son with her SO, and he also has a 4 yo DD with another woman.

The entire time I was cutting and styling her hair she was complaining about the mother of the SOs daughter.

"She's such a biitch making him pay child support! She uses it to pay her bills instead of buying fun things for the daughter. Umm, we are supposed to give you money so u can buy the kid stuff. What a biitch. She even has cable. If you can afford cable you don't need our child support. I don't have cable."

And on and on it went. Everything from the above, to how she would never ask the father to help her with the child if they broke up, because it was her responsibility. I wanted to argue with her soooo badly. I wanted to send her here so she could get torn into. She was so young minded and clueless.

Re: Annoying client

• Options
    I have recommended people to this board before. But most of them are of thetime mind that they are right, need no advise, and only need everyone to start seeing things their way. Needless to say, none of them have ever made use of this board unless they are lurking.

As a side note, I have only had ONE hairdresser that I was chummy enough with to spill personal issues to. I know a lot of people do it, but I just can't do that with anyone I am not super comfortable with, especially if we are.officially conducting professional business. The one hairdresser I was friendly with did my hair from the time I was 619. I should say we should have been comfortable together. Lol
  • Options
    she needs to meet my X.They'd get along great.
    "he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wait until she divorces him and has children she needs to support. Her tune will change.
    "he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Options

I went 3 years without having my ex pay child support. I didn't care but whenever we fought and he acted like worlds greatest dad I would bring up that he doesn't support his child(then he'd act like he was a-ok with paying it just needed to be ordered) So one day I took him up on that. I filed for child support oh man his girlfriend hit the roof, suddenly paying child support was no longer fine.

Then when we went in for the child support hearing my ex had the gull to ask what the support can be spent on and how can they prove I was spending the money on the child. Less than a year later ex completly stopped paying...

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options

I dont understand how CP and NCP can think its ok for only one parent to support the child and not the other person involved in creating the child. I'm not a fan of the amount of CS DH pays to BM, but by no means do I think she shouldnt expect him to support SS. No one is doing anyone a favor by taking care of their kid. They dont deserve a cookie or pat on the back. Its the responsibility that comes with being a parent.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Our BM doesn't think she should have to pay CS. She literally told her lawyer she didn't think she should be responsible for helping pay for her child. She just wanted visitation and no financial responsibility. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The bump just ate my lengthy contribution to this conversation : I hate that.
  • Options
    I get that CS is a touchy subject for most. I don't think there are many people on this board who are 100% with what they're receiving in CS or what they're paying in CS. But to think you shouldn't have to support your child at all? Ridiculous.
  • Options

I have no issue with DH paying CS.  He made a child, he has a responsibility to support her.  It is not just ExW's responsibility.  I am the first to fault him for not paying CS when he was unemployed.  ExW didn't push for it and he paid anything she askd during that time.  I also fault him for not starting to pay CS immediately when he finally found a job, after 2+ years of unemployment.  

Do I wish the amount was less?  Yes.  But, we make it work together.  Losing 33% of his income makes life difficult and we have to put a few things off or not do at all (but a house, have a LO), but he has a responsibility and I CHOSE to be with him, knowing of his responsibility.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"