Minnesota Babies
Options

And your least favorite

What things haven't you opened or wish you never would have bought?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: And your least favorite

• Options
    The Bumbo, I found it useless and still don't understand its purpose.  It was a gift, so at least I didn't pay for it.  If I want to sit my kid in something, I want it to be safe so I can walk away and make dinner or do some chores. I much preferred the Exersaucer and holding my kid in a sitting position myself while we played.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options

The Boppy. I used it some in the hospital when I was learning how to nurse, but rarely used it past week two. I found it much easier to position him if I held him than if I used a pillow. It also didn't seem to work well for baby positioning as it suggests on the label. Also, an infant bathtub (though ours was a hand me down). We didn't use it after his umbilical cord fell off, as we found it easiest to give him baths while one of us sits in the big tub holding him, even when he was very young.

I saw a couple of others mentioned the Bumbo, and I never bought/registered for one because I had heard of others who had similar feelings.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It depends on the kid.  My first was smaller and I used the Boppy constantly.  My second was a bigger kid and it was more awkward to nurse with him on the Boppy.

I loved the bumbo.  My second would always sit in it and play with the toys on the hanging gym.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I would also say the Boppy.  I ended up returning one I got at a shower and decided that if I absolutely had to have one, I would know after she got here.  And if I ever needed a support, I used a plain pillow while nursing.  Now (at almost 3 months) we don't use anything. 

The other thing I wish I wouldn't have bought was Lilypadz.  They were recommended in a BFing class we took.  I made the mistake of wearing them the week we got home from the hospital - big mistake!  I think I may try them again when my supply is regulated a bit more/less than what it is now, but I definitely don't want the rash and stink of what I went through those first few weeks. 

• Options
    imagereinstone:

The other thing I wish I wouldn't have bought was Lilypadz.  They were recommended in a BFing class we took.  I made the mistake of wearing them the week we got home from the hospital - big mistake!  I think I may try them again when my supply is regulated a bit more/less than what it is now, but I definitely don't want the rash and stink of what I went through those first few weeks. 

I love my boppy, and still use it for things. (It's currently propping up the crib mattress for my stuffy, stuffy boy).

The Bumbo didn't work with cloth diapers for me. 

Rein - I don't know if you're back to work or not, but i loved the lilypadz a lot more once I was back at work, because after pumping they kind of pushed in the pumping nipples, if that makes sense. 

eta: wtf bump, how do I keep getting signed into this screenname? 

• Options
    imagemrsdawnmarie:
    imagereinstone:

I love my boppy, and still use it for things. (It's currently propping up the crib mattress for my stuffy, stuffy boy).

The Bumbo didn't work with cloth diapers for me. 

Rein - I don't know if you're back to work or not, but i loved the lilypadz a lot more once I was back at work, because after pumping they kind of pushed in the pumping nipples, if that makes sense. 

eta: wtf bump, how do I keep getting signed into this screenname? 

Haha - stupid Bump.

Thanks for the Lilypadz advice.  I go back on Weds (sadface), but I will remember to try them again. 

• Options

We bought an incline for under the crib sheet when he was sick with his first cold...and he just rolled right down to the bottom of the crib and then couldn't roll back up.  It is totally, totally useless for us.

Also, I was so excited to register for the stuffed turtle that lights up and puts stars on the ceiling. I think they also have a ladybug?  Well, at 10 months he hasn't noticed it and couldn't care less.  Maybe he'll appreciate it as a toddler someday...but we definitely didn't need to register for it!  

• Options

Least useful items we got:

Boudreaux butt paste/monkey butt cream/desitin. We got like, 5 tubes and 2 tubs of diaper cream. DD is now a year old and we have gone through..half of one tube. She only had anything even vaguely resembling diaper rash when she was teething her first two teeth. It lasted a day and a half.

Sling carrier/Mobywrap. Never worked with her, she hated it.  

Swing. I know it's magic for some babies, but ours never enjoyed it, at least no more so than she liked sitting in her high chair or laying on the floor.

• Options

Hate the boppy.

Never used a diaper bag. 

• Options
    imagefootnotegirl:

Swing. I know it's magic for some babies, but ours never enjoyed it, at least no more so than she liked sitting in her high chair or laying on the floor.

Ours didn't care much for swings, either. We got two different styles as hand-me-downs, but he didn't seem any happier in either of them than he was in the plain old bouncer. The bouncer was much more portable so we used that more. I thought that was surprising, sine I know swings are lifesavers for so many parents.

• Options
    imageladygeek83:
    imagefootnotegirl:

Ours didn't care much for swings, either. We got two different styles as hand-me-downs, but he didn't seem any happier in either of them than he was in the plain old bouncer. The bouncer was much more portable so we used that more. I thought that was surprising, sine I know swings are lifesavers for so many parents.

So glad to see I am not alone Mr.AARP HATED the swing (still hates swings at playgrounds)  

We also didn't use our Bumbo very much but we LOVE our Boppy, Mr.AARP still uses his boppy everynight as a sleeping pillow (yes I now it says not for sleeping but now at the age of 3.5 I feel he is ok with it, I have used a few nights & I will have to also say they are great pillows for sleeping)  

• Options
    imageLolaBelle515:

We bought an incline for under the crib sheet when he was sick with his first cold...and he just rolled right down to the bottom of the crib and then couldn't roll back up.  It is totally, totally useless for us.

Also, I was so excited to register for the stuffed turtle that lights up and puts stars on the ceiling. I think they also have a ladybug?  Well, at 10 months he hasn't noticed it and couldn't care less.  Maybe he'll appreciate it as a toddler someday...but we definitely didn't need to register for it!  

The triplets I used to nanny had the turtle & LOVED it as they got older!! I am sure your little guy will like it the older he gets :-)  

• Options
    imageLolaBelle515:

My 3 year old loves her Cloud B Ladybug!  She asks for her "stars" every night. 

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hands down the boppy!!
  • Options
    The Bumbo. I think my LO's thighs are too thick and he is uncomfortable. I can prop him up next to me on the couch and he loves that.

• Options
    Several kinds of diaper rash creams. None of them worked. We needed the perscription butt paste.
  • Options

For us, we used the Boppy a ton with our first just for naps she loved the cuddling effect...  Then with DS, nada...  The swing more than paid for itself...  Bouncer - eh... 

For us, it was the monitor...  Still have it in the box from before DD was born..  Just don't have a need for the thing.  Well, maybe we will when DD is old enough to start dating Devil...

For us, we tried to not purchase anything that we didn't need/have a use for.  The only thing that really was a "waste" this time around was going from sippy to sippy because DS wouldn't take most of them... Only to end up with ones that were the same style that DD had after she was ready to be done with the sippy's (more like a cup with a cover)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We barely used the Bumbo... it seems like he outgrew it immediately and didn't really care for it.  His swing we used maybe a handful of times (thankfully it was a gift), and I bought several slings/carriers thinking we'd use them all the time only to discover that my kiddo is not a fan.  I used them a few times when he was sleeping and in the airport once, but he didn't like being so confined, and would get too hot.  He never liked being swaddled either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"