C-sections
Options

Stitches vs staples

I expressed to my dr that I would like the shortest stay possible after my repeat c section. I now will have a three year old at home to tend to. He said he would sew me up vs staples which will allow me to go home in two days vs four. Anyone have stitches vs staples???? 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stitches vs staples

• Options
    My Md used dermabond on my incision. I stated two nights.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I've had 4 c-sections and have had both. Doesn't make a difference in the length of your stay though. 

Going home has to do with how you are feeling an healing. Some people do fine, and others need a longer stay.

GL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a terrible experience with staples! Involving two nurses, a dr, and wire cutters! I will not let them use staples again.
  • Options
    imageHarrietNJMommy:
    I've had 4 csections and have had both. Doesn't make a difference in the length of your stay though.nbsp;Going home has to do with how you are feeling an healing. Some people do fine, and others need a longer stay.GL!nbsp;

This exactly. I had both. First stitches but then I ripped open half of my incision by vomiting multiple times so they stapled half of my incision closed. I was feeling fantastic and went home on Monday after an early Sat morning c/s. the type of closure had nothing to do with when they will let you go home. My insurance would have allowed an additional day but I asked to go early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had staples and was released 48ish hours after surgery. I had to go over to the OB department a week-ish later to get them removed.

• Options
    I had neither and have been commended on my "pretty" (pretty nonexistant) scar by several docs. I had internal sutures and demabond (glue) and steristrips externally.

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    I had internal stitches and durmabond.  Like pp, my scar is almost non existent, I have stretch marks worse that my scar!  I spent 3 nights in the hospital, could have gone home after two, but I passed out the night before and wanted to make sure everything was OK.  If I have RCS when/if #2, I will probably get out as soon as they give the OK!
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had internal stitches and steri-strips with no incision issues. Although, I was begging to stay in the hospital as long as possible!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options

I had stitches and staples. The stitches were the kind that dissolve and I removed the staples myself when one popped out. It didn't hurt at all to remove them. No blood or anything. My scar is about 8" long but really pale and hard to see.

• Options
    I have had staples and liquid stitch. the staples were very painful to me. im on my 3rd pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"