October 2013 Moms
Options

I miss my coffee!

I promised my DH I would quit drinking coffee I know reports say you're now allowed a little a day I don't want to take any chances. I miss my coffee so much! I was going to drink herbal teas, but started reading conflicting reports on which ones were safe during pregnancy. Now I'm confused! What can I drink that is absolutely safe besides water? Does anyone else miss their coffee?

Re: I miss my coffee!

• Options
    I love my coffee so I just switched to decaf...that is better than none at all ;
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm really missing coffee too but I decided I can withhold for the 1sty trimester just to be safe and then take it from there. Feeling your pain, though :-P
    < br > BabyFetus Ticker < br >
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Still drinking it. Just switched to half caf in the AM. You could just have decaf. 

Target sells tazo chai latte concentrate. It's just like what they serve at Starbucks. It's a nice alternative. 

I also end up drinking root bear because it's caffeine free (not all brands btw). I live water but sometimes I like to have something else. 

• Options
    Have a cup of coffee just don't go crazy. I drank regular old Pepsi not more than 1 can a day my entire 1st pregnancy and all is well with DS. My dr actually told me in 1st tri to just drink whatever I could...even if it was Pepsi or Gatorade...bc water made me sick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had to give it up because I can't stomach it right now : I'm hoping this doesn't last long, I miss my morning cup, too!!
  • Options
    I abstained from coffee completely with DD but this time just switched to decaf.Every morning, I get her up and we have milk and coffee together while we read books and I didnt want to miss out on that special time. If I don't bring it, she asks, "mommy, why didnt you bring up your coffee?" Cant let her down! Haha

Oh and I did really want a glass of wine a couple weeks ago but held out. I dont realy drink soda so abstaining from that isnt hard. Will have root beer if I need caramelly bubbles though.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ::drinking my one cup of coffee as I read this::

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    I had a cup a day with DD but decided to switch to decaf this time.  I love my coffee and the decaf does the trick!
  • Options
    I switched to decaf tea and coffee. I never really did caffeine anyway. But I love the taste of coffee and it helps to keep "things" more regular these days, now that the digestion system has slowed down to a crawl.
  • Options
    The tea brand "Yogi" makes a pregnancy tea. You can find this brand at Whole Foods and other grocery stores.
    https://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/womansmothertobe/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have a Keurig so I buy the Half Caff.  With my son I didn't have any coffee at all, but with my daughter and with this one there is no way I could do that.  I need it!
  • Options

I started out drinking coffee, but was  keeping it to a mild instant coffee one cup a day. Since then I have become high risk so I have switched to Rooibos tea. There is so much information out there about what herbal teas NOT to drink, but rooibos seems to come up safe time and time again. It's caffeine free, but has a nice rich texture and lends well to adding milk so it does well for a guilt free coffee replacement.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This is my second pregnancy and I am still drinking one cup of coffee per day.  I read the paper published in the The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and decided I was not convinced by their study.  I really liked what a professor from Columbia had to say about it.

Dr. Carolyn Westhoff, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology, and epidemiology, atColumbia University Medical Center, had reservations about the study, noting that miscarriage is difficult to study or explain. Dr. Westhoff said most miscarriages resulted from chromosomal abnormalities, and there was no evidence that caffeine could cause those problems.

?Just interviewing women, over half of whom had already had their miscarriage, does not strike me as the best way to get at the real scientific question here,? she said. ?But it is an excellent way to scare women.? 

?Moderation in all things is still an excellent rule,? Dr. Westhoff said. ?I think we tend to go overboard on saying expose your body to zero anything when pregnant. The human race wouldn?t have succeeded if the early pregnancy was so vulnerable to a little bit of anything. We?re more robust than that.? 

• Options

imagebewilderingstar:

Ditto!

I love coffee like something fierce, so I cut down to 1 cup a day! 

• Options
    I've been having one cup of decaf every once in awhile - not every day.  It's enough to keep me satisfied when I need it.  I never really drank caffeinated coffee anyway - caffeine makes me all jittery and I hate it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • Options

Caffeine does nothing for me. I just like the taste of coffee. It actually helps with my all day morning sickness. Like most things, they are really uncertain about it and pregnancy. Hence the conflicting studies. My Dr. is fine with it (this is my 5th child so...). If you are worried switch to half caf or decaf. As always, things in moderation.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagebewilderingstar:

Yes  Yes

I do 1 cup of half caff or decaf in the am. For now anyway. With DD I have a huge coffee aversion really quickly. This morning I made it and barely drank it, so I may be on my way there.

• Options
    I limit myself to one cup of regular or two cups of half-caff. I need my coffee and it is completely safe as long as its a small amount.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I drink one a day.  I hate the taste though now so I bought a flavored creamer and now its all good.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    I still drink my cup of regular in the morning.
    ::shrug::
    SQUIRREL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"