C-sections

Exercise?

For those that have had csections in the past, when did you start exercising again? I know they say 6 weeks, but did anyone start earlier? I am 3 weeks post op and am considering doing some of my pregnancy Pilates workouts. There is very little isolation of the abdominal muscles, and I've been feeling really good...no problems and no pain meds needed since 4 days post op. Just curious if this is a terrible idea. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Exercise?

• You should wait to be cleared by your ob. You can pull your internal stitches if you exercise too soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would avoid anything to do with core if at all possible. Stick with Kegel's and upper body (arms) until the doctor says it's okay. Some things you just do not gamble with.
    "What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definitely wait until you're cleared, because you can really hurt yourself. My doc BARELY let me go walking at 6 weeks pp. 
  • I went to a yoga class at 3 weeks pp, but I called my OB first. Give them a call and see what they say. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I started walking as instructed in the hospital and continued to at home. Walked and jogged at four weeks because I felt great... slowly though. Kickboxing and running week six when I was officially cleared. Call if you want to be sure but if you know your body go slow and be careful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only did walking before being cleared. I've heard horror stories of women who felt fine and ended up pulling the internal stitches and had a very very long recovery time. I'll wait this time too.
  • I started to exercise at 6 weeks after my ob gave me the go ahead. Even then I was still a little sore and couldn't do anything ab intense. Prior to getting the all clear I just walked a lot and did some seating upper arms strength training.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"