June 2012 Moms
Options

Uhhh does anyone else's baby try to go to strangers?

I went to the local Carter's store yesterday and my DS always cheesy grins at every new person he meets who gives him the time of day so of course they talk to him and the lady at Carters was talking to him and making faces at him and he is like... putting his arms out and trying to go to her. It's not the first time he's tried to go to someone he just met. I keep reading about how babies go through a "stranger danger" phase but DS is the polar opposite. Is anyone else experiencing this? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Uhhh does anyone else's baby try to go to strangers?

• Options
    Mine doesn't try to go to others, but he's always smiling at people. He loves cheesing it up for the old ladies and getting all that attention.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS flashes his dimple at anyone who pays him some attention, then promptly plants his face in my chest.

He doesn't willingly go to anyone he doesn't know and if I hand him to someone and he can't see me/reach for me he freaks out.

Sounds like your LO is super social!

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    BRBR member
    Haha, that's cute.  My daughter smiles at everyone and doesn't cry when I give her to someone else, but she doesn't hold out her hands to strangers. That was actually one of the questions I was asked at her 9 month appointment- if she had stranger anxiety.  I guess it's common around this age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO hasn't lunged for someone random to hold her or anything, but she doesn't get fazed by anyone knew. Im hoping it's just a first sign of her being a very friendly child/adult in the future.....although with the world today, it scares me that she is so easy going with people she's new to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"