TTC after 35
Options

Intro & question

Hi Ladies! I've been lurking a bit lately and decided it is time to come out of hiding. A little background info...I'm 38 and just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. We've been pretty fortunate with conception to this point. Using OPKs, we conceived the first time we tried in February 2011. We had DD October 2011, and I BF'd for 9 months. AF came back in July, we ttc in August and again nailed it on our 1st try. I was due May 21st, but lost the baby at 14 weeks. I had a D&E on Nov 21st and spotted for what seemed like forever. At 10 weeks post D&E I was still spotting on and off. I called my doctor and was told it was still within the normal range. I have had 2 AF's since the loss. Both times it seemed pretty normal, but then I spotted again about 5 days after AF stopped. I used OPKs this month and got what appeared to be a positive for 4 days straight. I say appeared to be a positive because I was using those crappy ones with the control and test lines that should be equally dark. They seemed equally dark for 4 freakin days, so I'm not sure I trust them. On the 4th day, MH left to see his mom in FL, so if that was it, we may have missed the window. Anyway, I should have gotten AF on Thursday...still no sign of b!tch and I've had 3 BFNs. 

My question...have any of you had success with acupuncture? I feel like since the D&E, my body/cycle hasn't really returned to normal. I'm thinking about seeing and acupuncturist to get a little help and a new perspective. Any advice or experience you'd like to share would be helpful.

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intro & question

• Options

Hello! and welcome! Your LO is a CUTIE!!!

Acupuncture : I've been going for about 15 months now.  Although we haven't had success, I did see improvement with acupuncture.  My lining is more consistent / optimal for transfer.  My cycles are spot on (28 days) since starting acupuncture.  My cycles are less painful (In the past I would have nausea, severe cramping, anxiety), since i started acupuncture I have less undesirable symptoms during AF :) .  And overall, acupuncture has brought my stress level down.

I am super sorry for your loss *Hugs*

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Options

Welcome to the group, Ally.

Yes, your Lo is precious....wow!  :)

I am sorry for your loss and wish you the best in your recovery. 

To answer your question, I can't help with Acupuncture, since I have not gone, yet.  But, I have spoked to quite a few women that have told me similar results, as BakerMom gave to you.  This reminds me to get busy in booking an appt., for myself.  :D

Again, I wish you the best in your healing recovery and hopefully, the acupuncture will help. 

Good Luck!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never seen an acupuncturist for fertility related things, but I have for muscle injury with good success, and I know a number of people who have done it for morning sickness and who rave about it.

I guess my take on it, is that there's no harm in trying it, especially if you find an experienced, respected one.

ETA Welcome to the group, and I also am very sorry for your loss.
    Do you know someone who can recommend a local acupuncturist? My Doctor recommended mine. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options

Welcome to the group!!  Sorry about your loss.  Your little girl is adorable!!

I had some acupuncture, found it relaxing-but in the end it didn't seem to help our TTC efforts.  It's something that I decided to stop to control costs of all things IF.

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options

Thanks all for the compliments regarding my LO...I think she's beautiful, but I'm more than a little biased! 

I'm going to ask some friends if they've tried acupuncture and ask for recommendations. My insurance will cover it, so I'm going to give it a shot. I really have nothing to lose.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"