C-sections
Options

Roller Coasters Post-Csection?

A little back story - this will be my third child (and third CS) and when the baby is two months old, we'll be doing a cross-country road trip. One of the stops will be to Disneyland for a few days. My oldest DS loves roller coasters (and I do too) - do you think it's safe with that much of a buffer between the surgery and the trip?

Of course I'll be checking with my doctor and his word will be the final say, but I don't plan on asking him until my 6 week postpartum checkup (when we'll have a better idea of how everything is healing and how I'm feeling - no need to ask him a hypothetical question before the baby is even here).

But in general, I'm curious if anyone else had an experience like this. I will be at least 10 weeks post-csection - possibly more if the baby decides to arrive earlier.

ETA: I will add that if I'm physically not feeling up to it, I will not be doing it - no question. I'm just thinking of the scenario that I have an easy recovery like I did with my first two.  

DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013

Re: Roller Coasters Post-Csection?

• Options
    I'm a nurse and my training would tell me that once you are cleared at 6 wks PP for exercise/sex, that roller coasters will be fine too. Barring any issues, of course! Have fun :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    Thank you! We've been planning this trip for years (the Disneyland stop will be a surprise for the kids) so we're excited about it :).
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"