Pregnant after 35

How am I no longer ravenously hungry?

I'm only 25w3d. I should still be really hungry all the time, right?

I'm hoping it's just that my cough and congestion are making me less interested in food. Once I start eating, I feel like I can't get enough, but prior to this, I was ALWAYS hungry and if I didn't eat every 2-4 hours, I would start to feel the effects of low blood sugar-- dizziness, nausea, etc.

This is not helping me stay cool like a cucumber about this whole 2 vessel umbilical cord-related possibility of reduced fetal growth.

Bah. I need to know that my baby is growing on schedule. But the U/S isn't until Tuesday. That seems REALLY far away. Sad
*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: How am I no longer ravenously hungry?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Easier said than done I know, but try not to worry. With DD I went through a period during 2nd tri where I didn't gain any weight b/c I just didn't have an appetite. 
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAbeille:
    Easier said than done I know, but try not to worry. With DD I went through a period during 2nd tri where I didn't gain any weight b/c I just didn't have an appetite. 

I like to hear things like this. They make me feel better. I have some friends who are a little ahead of me and they looked so much bigger than I do at 25 weeks. I know I'm eating well-- as in, trying not to gain weight because I was overweight to begin with-- but I didn't think I was eating THAT well! LOL

*********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• I think there are many different patterns as to how and when people gain weight. I was really packing on the pounds in the 2nd tri, but now in the 3rd my weight is going up more slowly. In the last 3 weeks I have only gained 2 pounds. I asked my mom about it and she said both her pregnancies were the same way. As long as you feel well and the baby is moving, I wouldn't worry about it.

ETA: By "well" I mean like you are getting enough to eat. I know congestion has been making your life pretty hellish.

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • I don't think it's anything to worry about.  I've found that I go through periods of a couple weeks where I'm super hungry, and then that will be followed by a few weeks where I'm not.  I think a lot of it has to do with the baby's growth spurts (yeah, they start those even while in the womb, but it will be more obvious to you once they're out!).  It could have something to do with you not feeling so well either.  I would definitely listen to your body though and if you don't feel hungry, then don't eat - that's a good way to put on unnecessary weight.  Your body will let you know when it and/or baby need more fuel.  I'm glad you have an ultrasound next week to give you peace of mind though.

Melissa

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • I haven't really been ravenously hungry until the past couple of weeks, and it comes and goes.  Like, last Thursday, I had 2 breakfasts (a bagel & apple, then a muffin and yogurt), a huge salad and 2 cookies for lunch, and a big bowl of lamb stew for dinner, and a few pieces of chocolate and a glass of whole milk, but yesterday, I had fruit for breakfast, 2 slices of pizza for lunch, and a ham sandwich and an orange for dinner, with a glass of 1% milk for dessert.  I cannot guess from one day to the next if it will be a pig-out day or a nibble and forage day.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm back to being STARVING again.

I'm still nervous for my ultrasound tomorrow, but the baby has been kicking a lot more as well. So I'm hoping everything will come out well and the baby will be growing appropriately.

-- Abraham Lincoln

• I'm not ravenous all the time anymore either.  I went though a phase where I ate everything not nailed down.  I think I'm running out of room now.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.