Eco-Friendly Family

gear for making baby's food

Hi!  What should I buy/register for if I am planning on making all of my son's food when the time comes?  I know ice cube trays but was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations!  Thanks 

Re: gear for making baby's food

• Food processor, I have a Cuisinart; silicone ice cube thingies, I have Baeba; freezer baggies.
  • I would suggest to look into Baby-Led Weaning. FAQ on BLW.

Besides helping babies learn to eat the natural way food ingestion occurs--chewing first then swallowing--it's a no fuss approach, I never had to steam, mash, freeze, defrost, etc. you feed baby from your plate, no extra cooking, no extra work, and meal times become a shared family experienced.

• Loading the player...
  • imageSteph&Harry08:

I would suggest to look into Baby-Led Weaning. FAQ on BLW.

Besides helping babies learn to eat the natural way food ingestion occurs--chewing first then swallowing--it's a no fuss approach, I never had to steam, mash, freeze, defrost, etc. you feed baby from your plate, no extra cooking, no extra work, and meal times become a shared family experienced.

This.  It's worked really well for us.  Even if you decide not to go that route, it's useful to read up on.

Lots of the babies that I know that are DD's age are having trouble learning to chew now, but she munches down on pretty much everything, minus choking hazards like nuts and really unhealthy things.  It's not for everyone, but for us it was great. 

Even my mother who was really skeptical at first says that DD was the easiest baby she's ever seen adjust to solids. And like PP said, no fooling with pureeing/freezing etc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We LOVE baby cubes for storing purees!  The are BPA free and have individual lids so that you can defrost just what you need.  They come in a variety of sizes too!

https://www.healthyhappytot.com/puree-storage/

www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"