Northern California Babies
Options

Good Sam Hospital

Hello, I am planning to deliver at Good Sam in June and would love to hear about other people's expereinces there. I have heard they have a high c-section rate.  I would prefer a more natural birth.  Thanks for any input.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good Sam Hospital

• Options
    I've always had good experiences there with my clients, but don't have any experience delivering there myself.  If you don't already have an OB, Narisse Kendrick has a great rep and delivers there.
  • Options
    Great experience there both times. Nurses were wonderful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi emcgra, good question! I am planning to deliver at Good Sam in October, so I would love to find out any feedback you receive.  Who is your doctor?
  • Options
    I delivered there and had the same concern. My doctor said its probably because they have a level 3 nicu, so a lot of high risk births deliver there, which end up being c sections. So the numbers make sense in that regard. The nurses there are amazing, I had a great experience there.
  • Options

imageJGanden:
    Hi emcgra, good question! I am planning to deliver at Good Sam in October, so I would love to find out any feedback you receive.  Who is your doctor?

I actually just switched doctors and am now with Cedar OBGYN.

• Options
    imagesarandjerburns:
    .... because they have a level 3 nicu, so a lot of high risk births deliver there, which end up being c sections...

This. Friend had Kaiser insurance and had major complications; was sent to Good Sam's because was better equipped to care for friend's condition during pregnancy.

Check out their parenting and breastfeeding classes and the store.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Delivered my first there and will be delivering my second there.  I was rushed in for an emergency c-section due to baby heart rate deceleration, but it came back up and the doctor, Dr. Silverman from Los Olivos, actually gave me the option of opting out of the c-section, which the nurses couldn't believe.  Ended up delivering vaginally and am so happy with that!  My OB is actually Dr. Imig from Los Olivos, but she was on vacation and I was way early.  The rooms are very nice and are PRIVATE.  The nurses (except for one I had) are amazing.  The food is fairly decent. My baby did end up in the NICU for 4 days and the care there was amazing, too!  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I had my son there almost 2 years ago and will have baby 2 there also. Loved them!!!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"