Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Starting Preschool

We are thinking about starting our 28 month old son in a montessori Preschool. He has never been in day care and always home. We are thinking to start him in march or April and since the school has a summer program we would continue him through out summer since we are not traveling much this summer. I'm 20 weeks pregnant with our second one who's due July 1st. Hopes are that he will settle in couple months before baby arrives and we will have time to work with him on adjusting with school and keeping same habits at home as well.

Please share your exp on how you transitioned your little one into a Pre school esp if they never been to day care. We want to make it as smooth as possible for him.

Thanks.

Re: Starting Preschool

• Options
    My DD had been staying with my mother and MIL before she started a Montessori program at 2yrs. We talked it up, let her pick out her lunch box, talked about what a big girl she was, how her school had a playground she would get to use everyday. how she would have friends to play with, etc. She was fine with going as long as my mom dropped her off in the mornings. DD also went 5 days a week from 8:30-2:30 so it just became a part of her routine. Now at 3 1/2 she gets upset on Sat and Sun that she can't go to school!
    imageimage
  • Options
    DD started preschool(also Montessori) when she was 3, so a little older, but prior to that we had a nanny, so she was at home.  We had a couple of intro days before actually starting.  We attended an open house, so she got to explore the classroom and meet the teachers.  We read books about school, talked it up a lot, she picked out her lunchbox and backpack.  A couple of weeks before starting, we met with the director and she got to spend an hour in the classroom while I was completing paperwork in the office.  I feel like I did everything to prep her, but she still cried for the first 2 weeks at drop off, although she loves school now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"