New to The Bump

Having a baby overseas!

Hi All, My name is Rachel, I'm 27 and my husband and I live in China and are currently studying Chinese. We have been married for almost 5 years and this is our first pregnancy. We are both so excited but living overseas while being pregnant is a whole new adventure for me. We have been living here almost 2 years and have adjusted to a lot of things, but the medical practices are WAY different. For example, they think that most fruits are harmful to the baby, that you should not- exercise, drink cold water, or have sex for THE WHOLE 9 months! So needless to say, thebump and all of you, are a HUGE help to me as I try to figure this stuff all out. I plan on having the baby in Beijing which has a decent international hospital but I will only be able to go there for a few appointments before the baby is due. It's a lot more nerve-wracking not having an assigned dr. so any tips or advice from you guys would be much appreciated!( My DD is Oct 16th so I have just started my 6th week.)
< br > BabyFetus Ticker < br >

Re: Having a baby overseas!

• Hello! Congrats! I'm on my 6th week too! Also, I had a friend that was teaching English in china and decided to have the baby in Vietnam. The birthing rooms were BEAUTIFUL and I know where she was in china they refused to help newborns for 24 hours. Best wishes to you and your growing family!
  • imageAshleeyNiiicole:
    Hello! Congrats! I'm on my 6th week too! Also, I had a friend that was teaching English in china and decided to have the baby in Vietnam. The birthing rooms were BEAUTIFUL and I know where she was in china they refused to help newborns for 24 hours. Best wishes to you and your growing family!

Thanks Ashley! I am looking at delivering the baby either in Beijing or going to Thailand- haven't decided yet.

< br > BabyFetus Ticker < br >
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"