April 2012 Moms

Lotion on face

Ok weird question so I lotion LO after every bath whole body except her face
Do u lotion ur baby's face? I don't want it to get dry but for some reason I don't want I put body lotion on her face

Re: Lotion on face

• We lotion DS everywhere after baths too, except for his face. We use vaseline on his face.

He has eczema on his cheeks/chin and legs/elbow, so we also vaseline them. When it's really bad, our pedi told us to use hydrocortisone cream, so we do a little of that, then vaseline on top. Pedi told us that it was good we weren't using any scented/perfumed lotions on his face, as it would have made his eczema worse.

I dont know if that's the same if your child's skin is "normal" though? Or if the lotion is unscented/perfumed?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We lotios ds's face after his bath since he was tiny.  I lotion the rest of him and use the little bit that's on my hands off his cheeks and forehead 

• Loading the player...
  • I do, after her bath we rub her down with lotion and I always put some on her face. This morning she was watching me put lotion on my face and she leaned over so I put some of my lotion on her face, she wanted to be like mommy! :)
  • I also use vaseline for DS's face and he too has eczema (but his is mild) so nothing scented on his face.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemkwt:
    I do, after her bath we rub her down with lotion and I always put some on her face. This morning she was watching me put lotion on my face and she leaned over so I put some of my lotion on her face, she wanted to be like mommy! :)

AWWWWW!!!  I love this...can't wait for my DD to do that!

• I put lotion on her face now that it's really cold, and her little face has been chapped.

• I starting putting lotion on DD face cuz she started to look a little chapped around her mouth and her cheeks were really red for no reason that I could figure other than dryness.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've never lotioned them...
  • imagesmithwilson1219:

We lotios ds's face after his bath since he was tiny.  I lotion the rest of him and use the little bit that's on my hands off his cheeks and forehead 

i do this too... I use baby aveno if he ever gets rashey
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"