July 2011 Moms

eczema or allergies or??

the past few nights and this has happened before, LO wakes up in middle of night and itches like crazy. She sometimes gets rashy on her legs, usually her inner thighs. It was really bad on Sunday. we have been putting lots of Aveeno and vanicream lotion on so they are better now but it was all over her legs and a little on arms. I have taken her to derm last June and she was basically diagnosed that she has eczema and derm I think recommended the vanicream. she also said to not let DD get too close to our dog and that that could be a reason.

I just dont know if its the clothing, hot/cold, laundry detergent, food allergy, seasonal or dog allergy, dry weather. 

We usually do footed pjs and the past few night had been polyester, so I am only doing 100% cotton now and going to see if she sleeps better with no footed ones also keep an eye on her food. I have been vacuuming pretty much daily and trying to stay on top of the moisurizing. we took aveeno bath the past 2 nights.

I cant think of any new foods or anything.

any recommendations or advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: eczema or allergies or??

• It sounds like youre on the right track. If it started recently, I would investigate what has changed (like youre doing-detergent, foods, pajamas, etc.) I am not a dr. but I will say when DS was about 6mo old he started to get really bad eczema and rashes. The pedi office kept telling me that it was a viral rash, eczema, etc. They told me just to use cream and he would be fine. I had a blood test done on him to rule out allergies to things like our animals, foods, etc. When all of that came back negative I eliminated his "hypo allergenic" formula that he had been on. Two days later, the eczema was gone. Stick with your instincts and look for a possible cause. I also recommend the allergy test. Good luck!

• Thank you! They are gone now..but I think she is fighting off a virus now..but not sure if its correlated because the rash was like a week ago I think..maybe IDK.

I will ask Dr about allergy test.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"