November 2011 Moms

Let's talk paci

I know I have to stop giving it to him soon. I decided today, while I cried, that this summer would be a good time. My goal is before he is 2 that he would not have a paci. Oh but it makes me so sad, he loves his paci. I feel like my baby is not a baby anymore :
Anyone else feeling blue about this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's talk paci

• DD2 never took a paci, but DD1 did.  We transitioned her to naps and bedtime at 1 year and then took it away cold turkey at 15 months.  Our pedi told me that they become more aware and attached around 18 months and it was best to take it away before then.  Oddly, I wasn't sad about taking away the bottle or paci...packing up clothes they've grown out of, that gets me every time.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • We ditched it like 2 weeks after we stopped bottles. I was afraid that he would get attached if I waited. I was sad, but he did just fine.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think DS1 is already super attached to his pacifier.  I'm not sad about the idea of giving it up, but scared of how he will react.  I am also afraid of changing too much for him.  First his brother was born, then we will be moving next month and DH will be gone for 2 months.  I think we will have to wait on weaning from the pacifier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Both of my kids ditched their pacifiers on their own.  DD ditched hers surprisingly early (before 9 months).  I hope your son gives up his pacifier easily.  :-)

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • I am definitely sad about it. It's like the only thing that's remained from her baby days and besides that I think she looks so cute sucking on her pacifier. Not to mention the fact that she can't sleep without it =/

I had originally thought I would take it away at 12m along with the bottles but I just couldn't do it so I decided to see if she would ditch it on her own and if not I will take it away when she is 2.

• imageauthorofdreamz:
    I am definitely sad about it. It's like the only thing that's remained from her baby days and besides that I think she looks so cute sucking on her pacifier. Not to mention the fact that she can't sleep without it =/ I had originally thought I would take it away at 12m along with the bottles but I just couldn't do it so I decided to see if she would ditch it on her own and if not I will take it away when she is 2.

All of this!! I will also wait until summer/ fall. We'll see how it goes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"