Blended Families
Options

Weigh in...

One of my SSs got an email from BM last week.  He worked on a reply, saved it as a draft, and it is sitting...  We've talked about it twice, and he says he wants to finish it, he's just not doing it.

The control freak in me wants to send her some kind of reply, even if it's just a one line from me that he got the email and is working on a response.  I could even send some photos.  This side of me also wants to make sure DH doesn't get some nasty text or whatever from her that he's somehow keeping the kids from communicating with her.

The more rational part of me is telling me to let it go.  It was an email to him, and I should be respectful and stay out of it.  Also, it's been like a year with virtually no communication with him, so she can't really demand a quick response.

WWYD?

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.

Re: Weigh in...

• Options
    Respect him enough to take his time.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    imageLittlejen22:
    Thank you. I'm going to guess that most people would have the same response. It is the most reasonable approach, it's just that when I say the control freak side of me, I really mean like 95% of me. It's taken a lot of self control each day to not jump in and hit send.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd also let it go. We can't orchestrate the relationships of others...though I know you're heart is in the right place. 

• Options
    imageJ&A2008:
    imageLittlejen22:

Thank you. I'm going to guess that most people would have the same response. It is the most reasonable approach, it's just that when I say the control freak side of me, I really mean like 95% of me. It's taken a lot of self control each day to not jump in and hit send.

I get it. I totally understand why but you want him to trust you and come to you. I cannot imagine what is going through his mind right now so I am sure he is confused too. I would talk to him about it through but respect him.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

O great she's back on the radar.

He is probably just to busy being happy and doing kid things.

He will respond when he is good and ready to respond.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"