VBAC
Options

Here's my VBAC story!

First of all I wanted to thank all you ladies for your support.....  So here's the VBAC birth story as our son was born yesterday on his due date at 2:15 pm.

I taught a spin class on Tuesday night, got home, and ate dinner.  We went to bed early and I woke at 4/4:30 to what I though were gas pains (bc they were in my back and hips).  Well after going to the bathroom several times and then having them get closer together I decided that it was probably labor.  We took DD to a neighbors until DH's father could get her and head to the hospital around 7am.  By 8am I was in and checked and I was only 2cm, but 100% and 0 station.  I labored till about 12 at which time they checked me again and I was still only 2cm.  I flipped...I was in so much pain and the contractions were just getting closer.  My OB suggested that I labor longer and then decide on the epidural so I did.  He broke my water and I was automatically 3cm.  Then it got even worst and the contractions were 1.5 min apart and every time I had one I was leaking fluid everywhere (TMI) but I could feel myself progressing.  I couldn't take it anymore and asked to be checked again and get the epidural.  Well, I was 6 cm!!  I was soooo happy and asked for the epidural.  They told me it would be 30 min bc they had to hydrate me which I almost couldn't take.  Once they put it in I didn't get much relief at all.  They topped it off and still nothing.  Then my nurse said lets check you and I was complete at 2pm.  That means I went from a 3 to 10cm in 2 hours!  I was soooo happy.  5 contractions and he was out within 10 minutes.  The doctor did a very small episiotomy, but it wasn't that bad.  He was perfect at 7 lbs 11 oz (2 lbs bigger than his sister) and 20 inches.  I had a room full of students/nurses/directors/and doctors bc this was a VBAC and it went so smoothly.  I couldn't be happier with the birthing process and am so happy with my decision to do a VBAC!  Good luck to all of you :)

May I introduce Samuel William

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Here's my VBAC story!

• Options
    Congrats!  What a smooth labor.  Enjoy that baby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Congrats on a quick smooth delivery and your handsome baby boy! What was the reason for your prior csection?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!  He is Beautiful and I hope my VBAC will go as smooth as yours!  Congrats again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats! What a beautiful baby and a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing and giving us all some hope.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy you have!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejesselayne8:
    Congrats on a quick smooth delivery and your handsome baby boy! What was the reason for your prior csection?

DD was breech

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He is so sweet!!!  Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    Congratulations!  What a wonderful story.  Glad you got your Vbac.
  • Options
    Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"