Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Intro

I've been lurking on this site for quite a while... but now after my loss I've decided to come out of the shadows & introduce myself.. My son, Scottie Abrahams-Lal was born on 1/12/13 at 21wks 3days due to a placental abruption as a result of a blood clot that separated him from me. This was my first pregnancy & he was my little fighter as I know his heart was beating til the very end.... I was told at 12wks that I was suffering from a miscarriage because my hormone levels had dropped and i had suffered 2 MAJOR bleeds in a 5 day span.... but when I went in for the follow-up US two weeks later to "see what was left" (as my first Dr. put it) there was my baby, healthy looking back at us on the screen in the office... what a moment that was, realizing I was still pregnant (even though I was bleeding) and I had a healthy baby in there. We weren't out of the woods though as I was still bleeding and they could see a clot between uterus & the placenta that we hoped would be reabsorbed as Scottie (& the placenta) grew larger and would take up more surface area... alas the clot was too massive & the damage was done. 

I'm usually the one in my family who gets described as stoic, as I never really complain or display too much negative emotion... my pregnancy wasn't planned and my friends often would joke at how I would casually refer to my growing bump (and placental issues) as calm as I did... I was never prepared on how such a little man could leave such a gaping hole in my soul. I'm here trying to pick up the pieces of my life and when I look in the mirror i don't even recognize myself... 

I look forward to sharing, giving & getting the support of you ladies... the only ppl who really understand what WE go through... 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 6/9/13... here we go again

Re: Intro

• Options
    So sorry you have to be here! T&P's are with you as you struggle through this difficult time. 
    TTC since May 2011
    Provera x3 late 2011, no natural response. (Previous BCP for 12 years).
     Dx PCOS April 2012. 
    Clomid x 4 - no response.
    First FSH/Ovidrel cycle early Aug 2012 - 18 days of injections, slow growth, erratic estrogen levels, triggered Aug 21st. 
    BFP Sept 4th and Sept 7th! 
     7wk US Sept 28th - triplets! 
    Perfect triplets lost at 20 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Allison Grace, James Alexander and Colin Gregory forever in our hearts!  
    IVF #1 10/11/13 -  canceled before retrieval.  
    IVF# 2 11/28/13 - retrieval on Turkey Day! Hyperstim - no transfer
    FET #1 2/4/14 - miscarriage @ 9 weeks (Trisomy 6) 
    FET #2 6/8/14 - healthy normal baby! Due date 2/25/15
  • Options
    I am so sorry that Scottie is not still growing with you. It is true that know one knows quite like another loss mother. T &P's your way.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you have come to a very understanding and supportive place.
  • Options

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy, Scottie. I hope that you will find comfort here among these amazing women. We all are at different points in our grief journey, but we all understand what it is like to lose a child(ren).

((HUGS))

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy Scottie. We are here for you as a support system, shoulder to cry on or place to vent. I'm sorry to welcome you here, but we are absolutely here for you. *hugs*
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your baby boy, Scottie. I wish you didn't have to be here but this is a great place for support. ((HUGS))

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options

I am so sorry that you have to be joining us on this board but I am glad that you have found us. Hugs and I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy Scottie!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Scottie, and hope that you can find some comfort and companionship here with us.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son. You will find so much support and understanding from the amazing women here. Please be gentle on yourself.
    TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~
  • Options
    I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your son Scottie. I hope you find as much comfort here as I have.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I am so very sorry for your loss. ((HUGS))

Welcome to the board, I hope that you find as much comfort and support here as i did.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet little Scottie.  I'm sad you have to join us here, but welcome.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"