Pregnant after 35

My time to leave

Had bleeding last Friday but US and exam checked out good. Went back today for my first exam tried to find heartbeat w Doppler to no luck. Dr decided to get the portable US did it on my belly and no full bladder so hard to see. He had me get a transvsginal US and then went back to him.

I knew something was wrong when the US tech did not let me see te screen or give me a copy of the US.

My Dr is awesome. He said they could not see heartbeat. He does nt know what could have done this he is surprised. I am schedules for a DC tomorrow. He also suggested we biopsy the tissue to see what might have been the cause.

I am nervous having a DnC I have never been under anesthesia before.

One amazing thing about my Dr. I went to my appointment without hubby since thought all was ok. My Dr asked where I lived he was willing to cancel his appointments to drive me home.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: My time to leave

• I am so very sorry for your loss. Your post breaks my heart. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.
  • imageCarolinaGirlSp8:
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Your post breaks my heart. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Thank you

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• I uttered several very unprintable words when I saw your thread title. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Glad to hear the doctor was sensitive and kind, but so sad to hear your news.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Like pps, I am so sorry, angry, disappointed on your behalf. It sounds like you have a sensitive and attentive OB, but I hope you don't ever have to go through this again.

I had a D&C with local only-- no general anesthesia, but I wouldn't recommend it. Very painful. General anesthesia has come a LONG way in the past 10 years even, so it's much much better than it used to be.

I hope you take the time to grieve appropriately. And then I hope we get to see you back here soon! ((hugs))
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• imagedanieleandwayne:
    Like pps, I am so sorry, angry, disappointed on your behalf. It sounds like you have a sensitive and attentive OB, but I hope you don't ever have to go through this again. I had a Damp;C with local only no general anesthesia, but I wouldn't recommend it. Very painful. General anesthesia has come a LONG way in the past 10 years even, so it's much much better than it used to be.I hope you take the time to grieve appropriately. And then I hope we get to see you back here soon! hugs

Thank u. I worked at an animal hospital a nurse for animals. So I know so much about anesthesia. I think that is why I am so nervous. I know too much. Lol. I will be back!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemermomo5:
    Im so so sorry! I have walked this same road twice. In both of my experiences they were missed miscarriages so I went with the DC it was painful enough I did not want to wait it out. The first procedure I received anesthesia and the second time I received nothing and I mean nothing. My husband had just started a new job and I have no local family and im a private person I didnt want a friend there. The second time was awful and painful I believe more mentally challenging. The procedure itself is resonably quick but its rough emotionally. Have support if you can and please go to miscarriage/loss board they have amazing. I wish you did not have to go through this I will be thinking of you.

Thank u so sorry u had to go through it too. Hubby is going with. I am over on the miscarriage/loss board. I did think that would help. Thanks.

• I am so very sorry for your loss.  I had a missed m/c with my first pregnancy and had a D&C.  I was put under for the procedure.  It took about a week physically to recover but that was mainly to pass a lot blood and tissue.  The emotional part was a lot harder.  They were able to do analysis on the tissue samples and I think that helped me find closure knowing it wasn't anything I did to cause the loss.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• So sorry for your loss..
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrsNukem:
    I am so very sorry for your loss.nbsp; I had a missed m/c with my first pregnancy and had a Damp;C.nbsp; I was put under for the procedure.nbsp; It took about a week physically to recover but that was mainly to pass a lot blood and tissue.nbsp; The emotional part was a lot harder.nbsp; They were able to do analysis on the tissue samples and I think that helped me find closure knowing it wasn't anything I did to cause the loss.

Thank u. We are going to have tem analyse the tissue. Maybe we ca get a little closure.
    What does everyone mean by a missed miscarriage?

• I'm so sorry.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had a D&C under general, and the procedure itself was fine.  When I came to, my doctor asked how I was feeling, and I remember saying I felt fine except I was seeing two of her.  She said that was normal, and it went away pretty quickly.

I'm sure the emotional healing will take much longer.  Make sure you take care of yourself and give yourself time to grieve.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Oh no I'm so sorry this happened. I've had 2 dc's and they were very easy physically. Just take a couple days to rest and take care of yourself.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • imagehlmlvt:
    imageMrsNukem:
    I am so very sorry for your loss.nbsp; I had a missed m/c with my first pregnancy and had a Damp;C.nbsp; I was put under for the procedure.nbsp; It took about a week physically to recover but that was mainly to pass a lot blood and tissue.nbsp; The emotional part was a lot harder.nbsp; They were able to do analysis on the tissue samples and I think that helped me find closure knowing it wasn't anything I did to cause the loss.

Thank u. We are going to have tem analyse the tissue. Maybe we ca get a little closure. What does everyone mean by a missed miscarriage?

It means the baby had already passed away by the time they found that there was no heartbeat.  In my case, the baby passed at 8.5 weeks, but I didn't have any symptoms until 11 weeks when I started spotting.  I went to my OB to check it out and that's when we discovered the baby had passed away 2.5 weeks earlier.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• as everyone's been saying, i'm so so sorry for your loss! it's all of our's worst fears. sending hugs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so very sorry.  :(
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • So sorry for your loss! And what a nice Dr. I had a DNC a few years ago and went under general anesthesia, when I woke up I had no pain, but after a few hours the pain was just like a normal period cramps and nothing major or intolerable. I took it very easy for a few days. It was actually a lot easier and less painful than I had imagined. I feel a little bloated for a month, but no pain and the first period after DNC, I had a very heavy flow. One thing one of the nurses told me the morning of DNC was, look at the bright side, you know you can get pregnant! so there will be a next time! Hugs and prayers.
  • I am so sorry that this happened. Best wishes for continued strength, and a future pregnancy with a happy outcome. And thank goodness for your compassionate doctor! I'm glad about that.
  • imageTXBride:
    So sorry for your loss! And what a nice Dr.

I had a DNC a few years ago and went under general anesthesia, when I woke up I had no pain, but after a few hours the pain was just like a normal period cramps and nothing major or intolerable. I took it very easy for a few days. It was actually a lot easier and less painful than I had imagined. I feel a little bloated for a month, but no pain and the first period after DNC, I had a very heavy flow. One thing one of the nurses told me the morning of DNC was, look at the bright side, you know you can get pregnant! so there will be a next time!

Hugs and prayers.

Thank u for that. I was wondering how long the bloat would last for. How long did it take to get your period. If I know me I will wait a cycle or two and try again. When I can I will. This is a little bump in the road and things happen for a reason. Thank u. U answered some of my questions I forgot to ask.

• I got my period about 40 days after the procedure, can't remember the exact dates, my dr told me to expect it anywhere between 30 days to 60 days.
  • Prayers for you!
  • Thanks everyone!!! I am doing ok, been 1 week and 2 days now.  Still have my ups and downs but I know time will help.  My DH has been amazing, he has been there and supported me this week with everything.  His bday was Thurs we went out to dinner even though I have been so sick,  bad head cold.  Had to do something for him.

I have been in need for a new car since I drive an hour to work and the SUV is killing me in gas,  we were going to wait but on his bday he decided to take me to look at cars, we ended up selling mine and bought a new one yesterday.  Love him!!!

Tomorrow I am back to work, this will be hard, even though everyone at work is so supportive and I have only been there since the end of Nov.

I am doing great from the DnC no pain at all not even after the procedure and hardly any bleeding so I am grateful for that.

I took the week off for myself to mentally accept what was going on.  I am glad I did I needed this week for me and on top of being so sick that did not help.

I also got a necklace to remember my little peanut if you sneak over to the miscarriage board you can see it under necklace.  I ordered it Monday got it yesterday was hoping I would get it before I went back to work!!!!

Thanks for all your posts and I will be reading this board still since as soon as we get the ok we are going to try again.

We are both older I just turned 39 DH 41 so I dont want to wait any longer!!!

Thanks again!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"