Cincinnati Babies
Options

Cincinnati Childrens

I'm from the Portsmouth area.

My daughter is 21 months old and always sick or seems to be.

She was in the hospital for 4 days in Ashland Kentucky because thats closer to me and her peditrician works with the hospital (Our Lady of Bellifonte) she had a really bad diaper rash on her bottom that caused an abscessed, they ended up having to do surgery to drain it.

It has been 3 weeks since she was in the hospital and has been doing very well until a few days ago. I noticed she seems to be drained, doesnt want to eat, only drink, very winey, throwing temper tantrums. Then Wednesday after i picked her up from day care I noticed she was feeling warm, i checked her temp. 103.8 so i gave her motrin and rushed her to the ER. they checked her for strep throat, it came back neg. the nurse told me because she's on antibiotics a lot i dont want to give her them, and sent us home.

So i took her to her doctor the next day he thought maybe MONO, but then said dont think its that. Then asked if she's been around cats. No cats. cant be cat scratch fever.

Her lymph nodes are swollen, she has mood swings ( I know for a 1.5 yr old that sounds crazy) she will only eat ice cream or popsicles and drink anything. Should i just take her to Childrens? there has to be a reason for the high fever and swollen lymph nodes and I AM SO TIRED OF HER BEING SICK, I JUST WANT A HEALTHY BABY! i also dont know about her being on all these antibiotics, they have her on clindamycin, rafampin and acidophilus. what do you think???

Re: Cincinnati Childrens

• Options

If you think it would benefit her then I would take her. Poor baby girl. Hate when little ones are sick. If it was me i would probably take her if you're not having any lck with anyone else. it wouldn't hurt.

• Options

Thanks, they doped her up on antibiotics so she's feeling better now, just wondering when its going to hit again, seems like a few weeks after antibiotics she's great, no fussing, wineing, and mood swings. then 3 weeks to a month its back to the doctors office. Tired of seeing the place, HATE my kids being sick, even though i do love them to cuddle with me.  

Her doctors office has a sick side and a well side, separate doors and all. I told her doctors the next time i see them it better be on the well side when she has to have her next physical for daycare.!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope she is feeling better! I've had a couple mamas tell me that their lo's would need a couple rounds of antibiotics before they would get better.  I guess the doc would also prescribe a different kind/type? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"