Georgia Babies
Options

Mirena

Hi ladies,

I am 6.5 weeks pp, and am trying to decide which form of bc to use since I'm breast feeding. My doctor offered mirena or the low hormone pill. I was considering the IUD just because I would be afraid I would forget to take the pill at the same time every night.
However, after reading up on Mirena, it made me a little nervous.

I do understand everyone's experience is different, but can you tell me yours?

TIA!

Re: Mirena

• Options
    I loved it and would absolutely do it again. Minimal pain at insertion. After the initial spotting, I never had a period. No pain at removal. I am terrible about remembering to take a pill so this was the ideal situation for me, I never had to worry.  I have several friends who had the same experience as me. Would 100% recommend it!
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    I love mine. No issues here. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies. 

Silly questions - I read that you have to check the strings every month?  Is that true? Is it easy to check them? 

• Options
    I got the 5 year version.  I do still have my period and the insertion was not painful.  I had some light cramping afterward.  My periods are lighter and my cycles are at about six weeks now.  I had mine inserted in April.  My mood swings are a bit more dramatic right before my period.  But I really love that I don't have to think about it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageyellowtulips80:
    I got the 5 year version.  I do still have my period and the insertion was not painful.  I had some light cramping afterward.  My mood swings are a bit more dramatic right before my period.  But I really love that I don't have to think about it!

My dr let me feel the strings before it was inserted.  They are very fine (think...strand of hair) and you don't feel them once it is in.  It's an easy quick check.  Oh, and DH has never complained. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrsLadyNole:

Thanks ladies. 

Silly questions - I read that you have to check the strings every month?  Is that true? Is it easy to check them? 

Haha - I never check them. Ooops. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagemingaling2:
    imageMrsLadyNole:

Thanks ladies. 

Haha - I never check them. Ooops. 

Ditto.  I am horrible about checking them.  This is my second Mirena and I also have had great experiences both times.  My second insertion was way less painful (though the first was not bad at all). I barely even felt it the second time. With my first, I got it at my 6 week pp check up. With the second one, I waited until I had healed a little more (tore with both deliveries) and also took some meds (just ibprofin, I think) before hand. Not sure if those things really made a difference or not. The nurse told me something about waiting until I got my first cycle too making it easier, but I didn't do that. I can't remember why it is better but many say it is.

Also, a concern for me was getting pregnant the second time after having it removed. I started to get nervous about that when we were getting ready to TTC #2. I had it removed and got pregnant on the 2nd cycle though, same exact as my first.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"