January 2012 Moms

Horrible diaper rash

My DD got her 12 mo vaccines last week. The last few days she has gotten a diaper rash that keeps getting worse. We have tried both A&D creams, butt paste, and corn starch. Could this be vaccine related? Like a reaction? Also any recommendations would be great! TIA :)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Horrible diaper rash

• I doubt the vaccinations caused the rash.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think vaccines would cause a rash just on her butt. I'd call the doctor just in case. Have you tried medicated desitin? Ds had diarrhea for like three days and his poor little butt was so red :( I used the medicated desitin and it cleared up in like a day or two.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • If it keeps getting worse, I would call the doctor. 

You may need a medicated cream.

Or you could try some diaper free time.  Letting her butt get some air will help a lot.

• Well I did hear that vaccines can attribute to worse diaper rash. Or better said, due to the vaccine the baby may have looser stool etc that causes diaper rash.

Given you've already tried a few things (butt paste always helps my DD) I think you need to take her to the doc and they'll get her Rx strength that should take care of it.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS had a bad diaper rash with open sores recently and the dr said to mix some lotrimin athletes foot cream, butt paste, and milk of magnesia to create a thick paste and put on his bottom after every diaper change. It healed within a week and it was terrible. I never had heard of mixing the three before but it seems to be popular for bad diaper rashes.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks everyone!! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With my daughter we use Calmoseptine, works great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"