Health & Exercise

Logging workouts

Can anyone recommend a website, app, or even a pencil-and-paper system for logging workouts? 

I get most of my exercise from walking our dog, but I'm 9 months postpartum and my abs are still seriously weak. I've resolved to add some core work to my schedule, specifically Pilates. Logistics require that I work out at home, so I would like to be able to track what I do and my progress over time. I think recording my workouts will help me to stick to whatever daily/weekly goals I set out for myself.

Would love to hear about any experiences with different systems, good bad or indifferent. Thanks!

Re: Logging workouts

• I used to use a pocket calendar that had one month to a page.  Now I incorporate the workouts into my MS Outlook calendar at work.  That has the added bonus of scheduling the workout in, and then after it's done, I just fill in what I actually did.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • I don't know if you are familiar with the original site, but Sparkpeople now has a site specifically for pregnant women and new mothers that is just like the normal one, but tailored to us.

https://babyfit.sparkpeople.com is the link. I would make it clicky, but I have no idea how to. :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • I use My Fitness Pal for logging my workouts and what I eat.  I did buy a journal on amazon.  I'm not being as good with it as I had intended so can't really give a good or bad review, but am renewing my effort and working to get better with pre-planning my workouts.  I also use workout trainer by skimble for different workouts and it tracks what I do.  Both my fitness pal and skimble have apps that I have downloaded on my kindle, phone and ipod.  I haven't really utlized the site that would accompany my polar watch, but may eventually.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use mydailyplate.com on livestrong.com. You can track almost any food and log in workouts and track calories, miles etc. Love it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"