TTC after 35
Options

Turning 40 :(

Today is my 40th birthday.  I have tried so hard not to get down about it, but it's no use.  I started my period yesterday after hoping there may have been a good chance this month.  Another slap in the face.

My husband has to work late tonight so I don't even have a good distraction.  BOO.

I know a lot of you have been here, so hugs to everyone who's been through this.

Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: Turning 40 :(

• Options
    It definitely sounds like you need a pamper yourself day! Pedicure, manicure, massage anything just for you. I hope you have a good birthday.
  • Options

Happy Birthday! 

I'm sorry you're not celebrating with a BFP, but I hope you have a great day and have a fun time celebrating, even if it's all on your own (my DH has an annual conference that falls over my b-day each year and so it has become "my day" to do whatever I want--I've grown to love it).

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy Birthday :) Pedi/mani sound good!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Hope you have a great birthday, 40 is not too bad.....spoil yourself and enjoy your day.  I am sure that your husband will make it up to you with a BFP real soon.... Lol  :)
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    So sorry!  Today is my 39th birthday and my hubby has to work until 10 tonight.  I'm used to it as he works mostly second shift, but the past couple of days, he's been off and I've been spoiled.  Yesterday, he got me a Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor.  Here's to hoping that works......  If you've not heard of them, they're getting rave reviews online, with most women conceiving within the first three months.  It might be worth a try for you.  Most websites have them for about $150 - $230.  I've also seen them on eBay and Craigslist, ranging from $79 - $120.  I happened to find mine on clearance at Walmart for $109 plus tax.  It came up to $116 and some change.  Then, of course, you have to buy the test strips to go with it.  A box of 30 ranges online for $35 - $50.  They're VERY hard to find in stores!  I ended up finding some at CVS, and they were $59.99!!!!  Luckily, I had my phone with me and I got on the CVS website where they were $42.99 and with a manager's approval, they price matched it for me.  Whew!  Anyway, I've not used it yet, but I figured it couldn't hurt.  Good luck to you!
    Jules
  • Options

Awwww, don't let the number get you down.  I know you are TTC and because of that you are brought down even more, but try to be happy... Sad  Or be like me & start counting backwards... I am not turning 43 this year, but actually 37!!!

I think a nice massage is in order & enjoy that cake!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Happy birthday! I turned 40 2 days before an Iui, which we found out failed on dh 45 birthday....I hear your pain, take care of yourself, hope u get you bfp soon!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    Happy Birthday!
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • Options
    Hi Turning 40:(.  Don''t let turning 40 get you too bummed.  My story is bittersweet but I'm hoping to leave you with some positive insight.  I'm 41.  My son just turned 17 February 10th.  I got married to the love of my life October 2, 2011.  My husband has two children, 9 and 13 from a previous marriage.  I've always wanted a second child.  My husband was content with our current situation.  My husband and I never use protection when we're intimmate.  I figured since I wasn't getting pregnant, it was mother nature's way of saying my time had passed.  When to see my ob/gym for my annual in December.  I was diagnosed with BV (bacterial vaginosis).  I was given antibiotics to treat it.  Lord only knows how long I had it.  BV causes temporary infertility if not treated.  I fell pregnant in January after not using protection for over a year!  Sadly I mc'd February 9th.  I'm heartbroken but the upside is I can still conceive at 41!!!  If I can, so can you!!  My husband now wants the child that we lost.  My two week checkup is today.  As soon as I get the all clear, me and my husband are gonna become a baby making factory.  Baby dust to you Turning 40:(  Turn that frown upside down and get busy, my friend!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"