Food Allergy
Options

Formula refusal..help!

LO is 6 weeks old she was fine up until about 4 weeks when she started crying and refusal formula. Every time we would try to feed her she would scream in pain and had horrible gas problems. Our pedi switched us to a Soy formula which we have been trying for a week. She still has 1 or 2 bouts of fussiness and crying so we took her back today and they switched her to Nutramigen. We tried to just feed her and she is outright refusing and screaming. The doctor said that it tastes worse than Soy so could this be the reason why she is refusing? How long did it take your LO to get used to the new taste and did you do anything to get them used to it? How quickly did it start working? I just started back at work and LO is maybe sleeping a few hours if that so I am really hoping this works.
Married Since 05/14/11 BFP #1- 5/30/10 HB 6/12/10-Its twins MC-6/21/2010 CP July 2011 BFP #3-1/5/12 EDD- 9/11/12 MC- 1/17/2012 diagnosed with FVL 3/30/12 BFP #4-05/21/12- EDD 01/29/13 Our rainbow girl Cameron Rae born 1/8/13 @ 5lbs10oz 19inches long. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Formula refusal..help!

• Options

imageSaltylove:
    you could try alimentum. It is sweetened and if you smell both of them nutramigen is absolutely horrific compared to alimentum.

this!!! we have tried probably 5 or six different kinds he is finally eating better and gaining weight and seems to not be in any more pain but he is also on medicine for reflux so im not sure if its a combination of both or one or the other! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree with pp on the Alimentum--worked GREAT with DS2.  You can even perhaps mix with whatever they are already used to (even if it is BM--and yes, even if it does have milk in it--it'll just be a little longer before tests show there is no blood in stool or what have you).  I'd say it started working in about 3 days for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"