South Carolina Babies

Any moms in the myrtle beach area?

My family is preparing for a move to Myrtle Beach and I am searching for a pediatrician and an OB. Any recommendations or reviews appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any moms in the myrtle beach area?

• I use Magnolia obgyn by grand strand.. we lived in Florence when my son was born so we went to a pediatrician there however now that we are back we will go to inlet pediatrics. Grand strand pediatrics has a few offices but I was told by other moms to use inlet. Hope that helps!
  • Magnolia OB/Gyn is very good and would highly recommend.  I use to use Seashore Pediatrics but was not happy with them at all.  Currently have switched to Grand Strand Pediatrics at their Little River office.  So far have been happy with them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Magnolia obgyn is fantastic, they are really nice and the facility is great. My first prenatal appointment is in April, I'm a first time mom to be so I don't know about pediatricians yet in the area.
  • Dr. Kenneth Thompson is in Carolina Forest and he is fantastic!  He delivers at Conway Medical Center which is an awesome hospital.  I could not have asked for better nurses.  They taught me a lot while I was there.
  • The Myrtle Beach area is pretty large so i personally would consider where you will be living in this decision if possible :) I have spoken to a lot of local Mom's through a local site and a local Mom's group and for pediatrician i would say it's a resounding 50/50 for best peds as either Inlet Peds or Grand Strand Peds (specifically the Surfside office).  I personally take my child to the Grand Strand Peds, Surfside and LOVE IT there! We tried a different doctor when we first moved here and had a horrible experience and my daughter became scared of the doctor but now she loves to go and asks to go when she isn't even sick because she loves Dr. Schuler! He is so great with kids and i have heard nothing but good things about all the doctors at this office! I have had personal experience with Dr. Colvard as well and he is also very good!  For OBGYN i've noticed it seems to be all over the board with good/bad experiences but it is clear to me that the two best hospitals to deliver at are Waccamaw and if not there then Conway. The only OB that really delivers at Waccamaw is Carolina OBGYN which i go to and like it there so far the ladies have been awesome to me and made me feel very comfortable. The downside is that i've heard negative things and positive things about the practice but that is true for every practice here so i think you just have to find the practice that is right for you. I am blanking on the names of the docs i have seen recommended the most for Conway Hosp. but i think one that was good is Coastal Carolina OBGYN  if i remember correctly.  Good luck with your move!
  • I go to Dr.Teasly in Little RIver. I loveeee her!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • dlwright,

what ob did you end up going with?  I'm new to the area and 6 weeks along.  I have an appointment with Carolina OBGYN in 2 weeks.  I am concerned because I have left 2 voicemails with their nurses with some concerns I have had, and have not heard back!  I'm worried that if I continue with them and have something serious happen to me, I will be ignored.  I live near Grand Strand right now, but am moving to the south side before my due date.  Thanks for your help!

• I go to carolina obgyn and they are pretty good......i have also had some issue with returning phone calls but i have found if you leave a message on the ob nurse line they dont get the message and i usually just call back till someone answers...

i have seen Dr Bindner and Anne and love them both!!!!!! I have a history of spina bifida in the family and had been extremely stressed out and scared and they calmed me down and answered every single quesion i have had :)

and they recommended me to inlet pediatrics but i have not met with anyone from there yet....
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"