Two Under 2

Where did you tell LO#1 you were

Wondering what others told LO#1. I will be at the hospital for 3 or 4 days when I deliver LO#2....I am not sure what I will tell #1. She will be 21m/22m.  She seems to understand that I am pregnant with her baby sister and the doctors will take the baby out when she is big enough.
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Where did you tell LO#1 you were

• Um, I just told LO I was having a baby! What else would you tell them? She'll understand when she comes to visit and see her new baby brother or sister :)
  • The hospital doesn't allow visitors under 14 right now...no exceptions. So she will not see me for 3 or 4 days. I just wasn't sure if others said anything else to their children.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejllmb79:
    The hospital doesn't allow visitors under 14 right now...no exceptions. So she will not see me for 3 or 4 days. I just wasn't sure if others said anything else to their children.

Really? Ours has the same rule but it doesn't apply to siblings as long as they are with a visiting adult (like they can't be left there with mom and dad)... you should call the PP floor of your hospital and talk to one of the nurses directly about it. See what they say.

As for what I'll be telling DD, just that we're going to have the baby. She'll only be 18months so I'm not really sure what she will understand. She'll come visit daily, so that will make it easier on her I guess.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• DS1 is 19 months.. He will be around 22 months when DS2 is born.. I don't think he would understand if I said we are going to the hospital to have baby.. Thatd be way over his head. We will just drop him off with grandma and Grampa for a couple days.. They'll distract him!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • imageMommy2CB:
    DS1 is 19 months.. He will be around 22 months when DS2 is born.. I don't think he would understand if I said we are going to the hospital to have baby.. Thatd be way over his head. We will just drop him off with grandma and Grampa for a couple days.. They'll distract him!

This

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • imageMommy2CB:
    DS1 is 19 months.. He will be around 22 months when DS2 is born.. I don't think he would understand if I said we are going to the hospital to have baby.. Thatd be way over his head. We will just drop him off with grandma and Grampa for a couple days.. They'll distract him!

This.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • MIL watched DD1 when we went to the hospital. If she seemed to be asking about us, MIL said we were at the hospital. She was tempted to say we were at work, because DD1 does understand that, but then she would have thought we were coming home that night. Saying the hospital was good enough and then they distracted her and moved on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My girls are 18 months apart.  I told DD1 that her sister was going to come out and her Grammy was going to come over to play.  When DD1 asked for me while I was away my MIL told her I was at the doctors.  She did not come to the hospital until I was being discharged.  I didn't want her to flip out having to leave me there so we left the hospital as a family of 4.  I had to stay 2 nights because I was GBS+ and didn't have time for the antibiotics.  They wanted to observe Dd2.  

I should add that was the first (and only time) I left her over night.  

This time I'll tell DD1 that I'm going to the hospital to deliver #3.  I'll tell DD2 (she'll be 19 months) the same thing I told Dd1 the first time. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I didn't tell DS that I was going somewhere, I made a big deal that he was going to visit Grammy, and he was going to have fun at his big sleepover.
  • There wasn't a big conversation about it. She knew "baby sissy" was coming, and when I went for the induction, I told her I'd see her soon.  My parents stayed here with her and brought her to the hospital the morning after, and she happily went back with them after visiting a little while. She loves when our parents stay with her though, so it's really easy for us to get away without guilt or difficulty. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I left in the middle of the night, so I didn't tell DD1 anything really. This time, I've already started telling DD1 that when the time comes, I will need to go to the hospital so that the Dr can help me get baby out. I honestly haven'T really bothered telling DD2 anything yet because I don't think she can process all that information (she is 19 months old).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That I was going to the hospital to have a baby. It was good enough for my then-18 month old.

• I don't think I told him anything. He was 18 months at the time, and it was sortif "out of sight, out of mind" for him at that point. My ILs came over before he woke up in the morning and he didn't see me until the next day when DH brought him to the hospital. I think it was tough for him to leave me again once he saw me, but only for a few minutes.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"