Two Under 2

Anyone with little ones 9 months apartish

Seems crazy right...well  I adopted my preemie daughter who was born on Oct 1 and I am due now on Oct 7...she was three months early so corrected age seh will be 9 months old when new baby is here...freaking out...any advise

After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."

Re: Anyone with little ones 9 months apartish

• Maybe I don't understand the whole preemie thing, but your first daughter will be a year and 6 days old if you give birth on your due date. She won't be 9 months, she'll be a year old....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageChristyML:
    Maybe I don't understand the whole preemie thing, but your first daughter will be a year and 6 days old if you give birth on your due date. She won't be 9 months, she'll be a year old....

Okay, captain obvious. 

Yes, the baby will chronologically be one year older.  But when you have a baby, especially one that is 3 months early (like it sounds this baby was), adjusted age is a pretty standard thing to go by.  So what she is saying is that she will have a 9 month old (adjusted) when she has a newborn.  Or, if you need it spelled out further, she will have the baby with meeting the milestones of a 9 month old when she has a newborn.  Yes, the baby will be technically 12 months, but the baby will likely behave and act like a 9 month old. 

OP, my first was a preemie (late term, 35 weeks) so mine are 16 months apart chronological or 15 months apart adjusted.  So I don't really know what to say about having a 9 month old but you will be just fine.  It will work out!  Congratulations on your growing family! :)

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Loading the player...
  • imagesweetpea2003:

imageChristyML:
    Maybe I don't understand the whole preemie thing, but your first daughter will be a year and 6 days old if you give birth on your due date. She won't be 9 months, she'll be a year old....

Okay, captain obvious. 

Yes, the baby will chronologically be one year older.  But when you have a baby, especially one that is 3 months early (like it sounds this baby was), adjusted age is a pretty standard thing to go by.  So what she is saying is that she will have a 9 month old (adjusted) when she has a newborn.  Or, if you need it spelled out further, she will have the baby with meeting the milestones of a 9 month old when she has a newborn.  Yes, the baby will be technically 12 months, but the baby will likely behave and act like a 9 month old. 

What she said... 

I don't know what to say either because I can in no way identify with your situation but I'm glad you came over here. I saw your post on 1st tri and was going to suggest you check out this board. Congrats by the way on you pregnancy, and everything will be fine :)

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Mine are just over 11 months apart.  It's a lot of work but in a lot of ways having them this close has its advantages.  Most likely, your older child won't be walking for a while after your second one is born and you will still be in baby mode.  You can do it!
  • imagesweetpea2003:

imageChristyML:

Okay, captain obvious. 

No need to be rude. That's why I stated that I might not know how the preemie ages work. I've never had a preemie so excuse me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My 2 are 13.5 months apart but my 2nd was also a 35 weeker, so adjusted they were just over 1 yr apart. I was hard but not impossible. I have no experience with that age gap, but wanted to say good luck! 
  • I'm one week in and mine are barely 11 months apart. My son has been walking for a couple months now, but it's still hard. It's having 2 babies with completely different needs but both are babies.

For me the most overwhelming part is they both literally depend on you ALL the time, so when they both need you at the same time you have to juggle and prioritize and try to keep them both happy.

Today I was nursing my one week old when my son woke up and he was in his crib crying and I couldn't put her down to get him out; it's just a little hectic. Most of the time its good though, and the good parts are definitely worth the little bit of hard you have to deal with.

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If LO2 comes on due date, DS1 will be 11months (9.5 months adjusted). So I feel for ya!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"