Preemies

Anyone pregnant immediatly after preemie

Hi.  My husband and I adopted a preemie who was 3 months early in October.  She is doing relatively well although we have a long way to go with her development...she will need heart surgery though around ayear old to correct two CHD's.  Now here I am 7 weeks pregnant and STRESSED OUT!  Any ideas to help prepare?  Its even harder bc I am 9 months of high risk pregnancy due to 4 previous misccariages.
After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."

Re: Anyone pregnant immediatly after preemie

• I do not have any advice but I wanted to say that you are amazing for adopting a preemie... especially one that will require heart surgery.  I am tearing up thinking about how wonderful this was for you to do!

I know this is like telling the sun to stop shining but try not to stress out too much... it won't help you or your babies! 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagePhillyGal34:
    I do not have any advice but I wanted to say that you are amazing for adopting a preemie... especially one that will require heart surgery.nbsp; I am tearing up thinking about how wonderful this was for you to do! nbsp;I know this is like telling the sun to stop shining but try not to stress out too much... it won't help you or your babies!nbsp;

Totally agree! What a amazingly wonderful thing you did!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't really have much advice. I got pregnant 18 months after having my first premature baby. With my second pregnancy, I talked to my doctor (actually changed doctors) and we made ourselves a game plan. Second time around I was seen weekly starting at 16 weeks, also bought myself a blood pressure machine and took my pressure daily, recorded that info too. I just made sure to not stress out about the small stuff and be kind of myself.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. 

• Counseling is a great idea...if you have time for it! I just wanted to say that i am a mom of three preemies born at 31 weeks. I can speak for a lot of preemie moms when I say thank you for welcoming your LO into you heart and home! Congrats on your newest pregnancy and I'm sorry for your losses. Hopefully you and your dr will come up with a great game plan.
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagePhillyGal34:

I do not have any advice but I wanted to say that you are amazing for adopting a preemie... especially one that will require heart surgery.  I am tearing up thinking about how wonderful this was for you to do!

I know this is like telling the sun to stop shining but try not to stress out too much... it won't help you or your babies! 

I have to agree with PP.  You and your dh are pretty amazing,  Prayers for a healthy pregnancy.  Honestly, it took me 10 years to really get comfortable with the idea of being pregnant again.  Not because I didn't want another baby, but because the fear of having a preemie is so great.  I have worried every day of this pregnancy, but no matter the outcome my life will be so much more rich because of it.  Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"