Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Fyi on mixing formula with tap water

Here is a good read. The full article is at the like and important to know share so every person knows and no on poisons their children.

https://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1/is-water-fluoridation-in-the-best-interests-of-public-health

A Special Note About Using Tap Water When Making Infant Formula

Most of the people who are educated about fluoride will avoid drinking municipal tap water that is fluoridated, and will use a reverse osmosis system in your home to rid your water of fluoride. However, there are many who simply don't have the resources or the know-how to protect themselves and their young children.

In November 2006, the American Dental Association (ADA) sent out an email to alert its members of their recommendation to parents to not use fluoridated tap water to make infant formula. A few days later, the CDC followed suit. But neither of them openly informed the public! So there are millions of parents out there using tap water to make up formula, oblivious of the fact that the agencies that promote fluoridation in this country have issued a specific warning against using fluoridated water for this purpose.

Not only that, but by fluoridating the municipal water supply, you doom many low-income families to fail to protect their young children from this dangerous drug, even if they have this information.

Re: Fyi on mixing formula with tap water

• Options

Thanks for sharing! I really feel we need to start demanding that municipalities implement reverse osmosis after fluoridation. There is no reason why we should be paying quite a bit of money each year for a product that isn't even safe to consume!

It is really shocking how many people are not aware of the harm that fluoridated water can pose to their bodies and the bodies of children, especially infants. It is debatable whether fluoride use on teeth is even beneficial, but it is certainly well known that ingesting fluoride is dangerous and can damage many internal organs in the long-run.

Why is fluoride even added to water? Good question! My dad told me the answer awhile back and it will probably make your eyes pop! 

Apparently, a number of years ago, New York City was targeted by some mean people to be hit with botulism (if I remember correctly) via the water system. It basically would have caused mass chaos and illness and a lot of people would have died. BUT New York City had just begun adding fluoride to its water supply at the beginning of the year because there had been some research put out around that time claiming fluoridated water could help strengthen teeth (there was also research showing solid evidence that too much fluoride could cause fluorosis, especially among children). A worker testing the water found high levels of the botulism in the water at one point, but after the water had gone through fluoridation it had vanished completely! It was thus discovered that fluoride destroys many harmful bacteria like botulism. 

Now the question to ask oneself here is this: How likely is it that my city/town will be hit with a potentially lethal amount of botulism via the water supply? Most of us will say it is very unlikely. And thus, the fact that fluoride is added to our water supplies is just silly, not to mention harmful! 

• Options
    Isn't that such a great article!? I follow Food Matters on FB so I saw this a couple days ago and shared it on my blog's fan page...it got so many likes and shares! Made me so happy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"