Two Under 2

3 under 3 -- am I crazy?

I have a 18 month old and a 6 month old and I am loving the age gap between them. I have been very lucky to have great kids that love each other (I realize that will at some point change). I've actually not wanted to pull my hair out and I've gotten more sleep than what I thought I would. Part of me wants another, but the being pregnant part is what scares me. I get absolutely exhausted pregnant, have a hard time getting around, etc. When I was pregnant with DD2, DD1 was still napping twice a day and I would be able to lay down with her and nap. If I have another one now I will have 2 mobile toddlers to handle while pregnant. ALso,  I am one of those people that refuses to ask for help. Besides leaving my girls with their dad or grandmothers to run a quick errand that I can't bring the girls or having to go to the dr, etc I've really never been apart from them. I take them everywhere with me---I'm sort of addicted! LOL! 

I'm worried that my girls have spoiled me too much being so great and if I have another it would just turn my world upside down. Should I just wait and see how things play out or should I go for it? DH is always down for whatever, but he's not the one that has to wobble everywhere ;) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: 3 under 3 -- am I crazy?

• Mine are almost the same age as yours and I understand exactly what your thinking! We need to move to a larger house before we have a third, something we can't do until spring/summer 2014.  But in a perfect world, if we were moved already I would totally be trying to get pregnant again. I love seeing my two interact, and there is no jealousy, it's just nice. I think the only thing that would make me think I am crazy is the logistics of getting out with three LO's. Right now getting out with the two is hard, but doable for short errands, but I could only imagine with their being a third!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • I would suggest you to have a gap for better health and better life :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We are hoping for 3 under 3, so I'll be crazy with you :) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • My 2 are 13.5 months apart, so close to your age gap. I LOVE this age difference!! We are done with 2, but both DH and I agreed that if we were having a 3rd we would have wanted the same age gap. It's been amazing (hard yes, but awesome!). Even now at 2.5 and 17 months we love it, and each day just gets better in terms if their interaction. No jealousy still and honestly they are like twins now. Doesn't help that my youngest and oldest are the same weight and nearly the same height. Haha! 

So no, I don't think you're crazy. 

• I'm on my way to having 3 u 2 1/2 (see tickers). I'm absolutely exhausted. Keeping up with my two little ones while being pregnant is hard. It's doable but very hard. My boys are 13 1/2 months apart, and I do enjoy the age gap. The things I worry about the most with the third are exhuastion and going places with three small kids. I have no idea how I'm going to ever go anywhere. That being said, I'm excited about it. It will be really hard for the first year or so, and there will always be challenges, but overall, I think it will be totally worth it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We will have 3 that are 3 and under in about 4 1/2 months!  I'm super excited.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• You're not crazy (or all of us are) I am just missing the 4 under 4 cut off by like 2 1/2 months, lol.  It is the most awesome thing to watch your kids grow up together so close in age - they truly become best friends.  The really do care about each other and genuinely enjoy spending time together. In fact, if one child goes out with either me or my husband as a special singleton errand runner, the other babies freak because they don't like being apart. I'll admit, first tri SUCKS and the last few weeks of the pregnancy aren't peachy either but you get through it.  And going out with 3 kids gets to be second nature, just takes practice. And no, sometimes I don't go on major outings if I know I don't have extra help, but it WILL get easier as they all get older together. :) GL on your decision!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ds1 and ds2 are 15mths apart and ds2 and ds3 are 20mths apart (ds1 turned 3 a week before ds3 came). Adding ds3 has been a lot easier then when I had ds2. The big boys play together a lot which has helped me so much when ds3 needs me. I feel once you've had two so close you've learned the art of multitasking so adding one is not as hard. It definitely takes a little longer to get in/out of the car but it's not difficult or impossible. I'm glad all three of mine are close. I'd worry if we had one further down the road since the big boys are already best of friends. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had 3u3. My first two are 14 months apart (which was a surprisingly easy adjustment) and DDs 2 and 3 are 18 months apart. Adding a third has been more challenging, but overall not bad. That said, being pregnant with two toddlers SUCKS. And I was put on bed rest at 7 months (ha ha) due to pelvic pain, which was no picnic.

It sounds a little crazy, but we're starting to talk about trying for #4. But while I want a fourth child, I really don't want to be pg with three young kids. It was so miserable being pg with two kids. At least my older two are slightly more self-sufficient now, and can climb into their own carseats,etc. So we're thinking maybe 20ish months between 3 and 4, since I'm not quite ready to TTC yet.

• I have bee thanking the same thing I have LO that is 2 years old & my 2nd one is 5months! My Husband & I want to try for a 3rd like RIGHT NOW. Both our boys have been so GREAT so i'm like you kind of freak out but excited now that I see I'm not CRAZY if I am I guess we all are haha. I think about it everyday that life is to short & as long as you have lots of love to give a baby go for it. :) Im goin to my obgyn next week to start trying for baby #3. I give a hand to every women on here that support adding to your family with your kids close in age. I think its for the better for them to grow up close in age then be so far apart they don't wanna play together Thanks for the post I feel so much better about or decision on trying for baby #3 :)
  • From my experience...your world will be turned upside eventually no matter how great your kids are or how far apart they are.  Mine are all just under 2 years apart and the third was great in the beginning until my second started getting her attitude and talking better...they are suuuuuper busy and bicker all day...but I know things will change dramatically in August when DS goes to school all day and DD#1 starts preschool...just have to take a deep breath several dozen times a day.  I spend my whole day breaking up fights and CLEANING!!!  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"