VBAC
Options

Expecting Mama check in - week of Feb. 18

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)?

2.  Any appointments or updates this week?

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)?

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out?

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES

Re: Expecting Mama check in - week of Feb. 18

• Options

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? I'm starting to feel better.  The nausea is still there, but my energy is starting to come back.  I'm feeling optimistic that I'm going to be coming out of the ms in the next week.

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? No appointments until March.

3.  What were the circumstances around by Coupon Companion Plugin" style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" href="https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=72108180#" in_rurl="https://i.trkjmp.com/click?v=VVM6MzM4OTA6MjAxNDp5b3VyOjlhMDQxYjhiMjU4MGI0NjkxODgyNzRkNmJhNzBhYTM3OnotMTMyMi0xMzI3Mjg6Y29tbXVuaXR5LnRoZWJ1bXAuY29tOjM0MDIyOmRlNWQyYzAwZTU3YTJmMzg2NjY1OWU2NjU4ODVlZDk2">your c-section(s)?  I went 10 days past due and had an induction.  I had Cytotec first overnight(not that I could sleep through that) then pitocin in the am.  By 11pm I had only made it to 6 and M still hadn't dropped down.  I really wish I would have said no to the induction. They made me stay in the bed the entire time.  I really feel like if I had been able to move around she would have come down and I would have dialted better. 

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out?  Planning to find out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling both physically and emotionally? Just got my BFP on valentines day which also happened to be my 30th bday so I still so happy!!! Really no symptoms yet, just a little tired...

2. Any appointments or updates this week? No appts yet

3. What were the circumstances around your csections? At first it was bc of size big mistake! in the end he was transverse

4. Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? We are team green this time around!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)?

I'm so done! I'm so tired and crabby - I can't imagine 9 more weeks.  

2.  Any appointments or updates this week?

None this week - I am STILL trying to change OBs.  

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)?

FTD - my daughter was double wrapped in her cord (arms and legs, not neck) and was at -2 through 17 hours of labor and I managed only to get her to 0 after 2.5 hours of pushing. Once she moved to 0 station, her heart rate started dropping into the 60s with every contraction so that was it.  

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out?

We are PINK again!  
    Daughter E 08/31/2005
    Little Sister on the Way 04/23/2013
  • Options

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? Still dealing with all-day-sickness, but at 10 weeks, I'm hoping it will subside soon!  Emotionally ready to tell the world!  We're holding out for about 2 more weeks, then we'll share with family and friends.

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? None, but called and left a message for a potential doula and have an appointment with another OB next week for a second opinion on the VBAC (hoping she'll be a little more supportive than my current OB)

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? I was induced at 37 weeks, with absolutely no cervical change (I believe my induction was set to fail).  I was dilating, but slowly.  DS had a few decels.  Around 5:30pm, my OB gave me the option.  He thought we should go ahead and go to the OR to avoid issues later.  I don't regret the decision, but looking back, it was rushed and I think done out of convenience.  Baby was fine, as was I.  I truly believe the induction was just too early and he wasn't given a chance at coming out vaginally.

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Team Green, for sure!  We did that with DS and it was a wonderful surprise!

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm feeling so much better these days. The nausea is practically gone and I have my energy back. I'm getting a lot done and am always running around- back to normal, lol.

No appointments this week.

C-section was due to fetal distress during the pushing stage. She was sunny-side up and her chin was untucked.

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out?

We will find out in about a week and a half at the Anatomy Scan.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Pregnancy-wise I'm feeling pretty good and am quite hopeful.  However, I have a nasty cold that's knocked me on my butt for the past week and it's really getting old. :-(

We met with our doula last night and seem to have a decent general plan.  I have my 36 appointment with the OB (well, his NP) tomorrow.

Wuss OBs. :-)  Twins with a vertex Baby A and an anything-but-vertex Baby B.  I delivered early due to growth issues in Baby B, but I think the OBs would have done anything to avoid a vaginal twin birth and I didn't know any better. 

Team pink again. :-)  

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? Definitely getting tired and more uncomfortable.  Baby girl is still transverse so I'm getting nervous about my shot at a VBAC

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? None

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? DD1 was breech at 30 weeks and never flipped despite all efforts to get her to.

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Pink again, so excited for DD to have a baby sister.

• Options

Hi all

1. I feel sick. All day. blech. Emotionally I am still so shocked and excited I get to be pregnant again.

2. Not this week.

3. I got pre-eclampsia with twins at 36 weeks 5 days.

4. I am on the fence. I want to find out but since this was a surprise pregnancy I'm thinking why not keep the surprises rolling? I am not into "gender specific" stuff anyway so I'm fine with green/yellow nursery stuff. 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Options
    imageCeefome:
    1.nbsp; How are you feeling both physically and emotionally? Feeling great :
    2.nbsp; Any appointments or updates this week? We have our anatomy scan on Friday and I am so excited
    3.nbsp; What were the circumstances around your csections? DD was footling breech with her cord wrapped around her feet
    4.nbsp; Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Finding out Friday hopefully
  • Options

1. I am feeling pretty good in both ways. I had a few days last week where I was feeling really blue, but I am feeling better now.

2. I had the anatomy scan today. There is a potential issue with the umbilical cord and I am concerned about its effect on my chances of VBAC.  It is called velematous cord insertion and since I do not have a low lying placenta should not cause any major issues. We will have another ultrasound in 5 weeks to make sure LO is still growing well as it can be associated with IUGR. In the absence of IUGR it should not cause a problem, but I am nervous that my OB will risk me out of VBAC. Guess we will just see.

3. I had a c/s due to non reassuring fetal heart tones, being in labor for over 72 hours with little progress and mostly fetal malpositioning.

4. We had anatomy scan today and the sex is in an envelope. We will find out via cupcake on Sunday. :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

I've been having lots of contractions with this pregnancy since about 4 weeks ago. It's completely different than with my DS1, as I barely had any Braxton Hicks the entire pregnancy. I'm definitely getting nervous and excited about the end of pregnancy.

OB appointment tomorrow evening. 

I labored for 24 hours on pitocin with DS1 in December 2011 and only dilated to less than 1cm. My doctor wanted me to have the CS once I reached 24 hours from when my water broke due to potential infection. I should also mention that DS1 was born at 11:35 p.m. on Christmas Eve, so I have wondered whether the holiday played a part in the CS recommendation, but maybe not since I've heard other people mention the 24 hour rule. 

Team Blue! All boys in this household. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. Ready to have this Jumping Bean

2. GBS test tomorrow.

3. DS was breech, found out during section that he wouldn't have turned no matter what we did because of a uterine septum. Septum was removed in March. We'll find out if baby is in correct position tomorrow and if not Spinning Babies here we come!

4.  Blue!! :-) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1. How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? Pretty good.  It was a long weekend of travelling and being on my feet so I'm exhausted today. Some pretty uncomfortable pubic bone pain.

2. Any appointments or updates this week? I go in tomorrow (Weds) for a follow-up u/s and OB appt.

3. What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? DD2 turned breech at 36wks.  External version didn't work at 38wks.  C-section scheduled at 39wks.

4. Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Team Pink once again!  I may ask the tech to double check at appt tomorrow. Kiddo was moving around ALOT! Hence the follow-up for more measurements.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? This is my first check-in, so hi everyone!! I'm feeling OK this week, I have HG and weeks 6 - 8 were really hard on me, was in and out of the hospital. I'm currently home on IV therapy and feeling much better. I was even able to eat a baked potato!

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? I have weekly check-in's with my OB since I have HG, so my next appointment is on Friday.

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? My water broke at 3cm, I labored for another 20 hours and finally got to 10. I pushed for 2 hours and the baby didn't move and I spiked a 101 degree fever. My OB recommended for my health and the baby's health we do a c/s. I agreed and baby D was born at 9lbs 9oz after 22 hours of hard labor. Recovery was rough to say the least.

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Too early but we plan on finding out.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)?  Physically, I can tell I'm in 3rd tri.  Emotionally, I've been pretty stable, but warmer weather and sunshine will certainly help out. 

2.  Any appointments or updates this week?  No appointements, but I passed my 1 hour glucose last week. 

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)?  My water broke at 37 weeks.  Regular contractions didn't start on their own, and I wasn't my best advocate/didn't really know how to labor to help myself.  Started pit 12 hours after my water broke, got my epi 4 hours after the pit, dialated to 10 about an hour after the epi, and pusehd for 3.5 hours.  DD#1 never descended past -2, but she moulded, and the bruise on her scalp was off-center.  She was not in the right position.  I agreed to a non-emergency c/s due to no progress and not wanting to wait until things got to an emergency situation.

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out?  We were team green my first two pregnancies, this time we found out and are team blue! 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? Pretty good. I'm realizing that I really need to start mentally preparing myself for having two.

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? Nope

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? Long labor, failure to progress, bad positioning, and water broken over 24 hours

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Team Pink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1. How are you feeling both physically and emotionally?
    Its been a roller coaster for me. Some days I feel awesome some not so much. We've also been sick a lot this winter.

2. Any appointments or updates this week?
    Just had our A/S. LO is healthy but shy and wouldn't move so we have to go back in 3 weeks.

3. What were the circumstances around your csections?
    Went in to be induced at almost 41 weeks. I should've waited but I got nervous. So we started pitocin and never got past 4 cm. I think the doctor just wanted to go home and convinced us to have a c/s. Only 13 hours after starting.

4. Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Team Pink and very surprised!! And happy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling both physically and emotionally? Feeling pretty good a little tired.

2. Any appointments or updates this week? Had an appt Weds. All is well. Had blood work done. I go for my AS on March 4 and then my OB appt in April. My doc is being strict about my weight. I am not over weight but she wants me to gain the bare minimum. I am doing an ok job but not great. Lol a girl is hungry, what can I say. She said it makes dr an easier vbac.

3. What were the circumstances around your csections? My DS was breech from 21 weeks and never turned. They asked to turn h and I said no there must be a reason he is breech and when my doc did my first internal she said wow he is right there and yet wouldn't have been able to turn him anyways. Lol they had to pry my lil guy out.

4. Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? At my ultra screen the sonographer said she was 75 sure we are having another boy. I will find out for sure on March 4. I am more anxious to make sure baby is healthy as I am sure we all are. Either way this will be our last baby!

BTW I am joining you all for the first time today!
  • Options

Hi all! Excited to join you!

1. I'm feeling good! I'm not having any of the early symptoms I had with DD and I'm trying to enjoy it instead of freak out. I know all pregnancies are different. I do have a bit of a cold but other than that I feel good and excited!

2. First appointment won't be for four more weeks.

3. I had pre-e, and I was not a good candidate for induction. 

4. Too early to find out. I sort of want to be team green, but I can't imagine I'll really go through with it. We found out with DD.  

• Options

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? Exhausted. I'm 35.5 weeks and this is my third. I'm just ready to reach the next stage already, but LO has to stay put for at least 10 more days.

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? Had an appointment yesterday. Was a bit of a rush, doctor had JUST gotten back from vacation so he was kind of distracted (very unusual for him). LO is still measuring ahead. Doctor felt my stomach and commented that he's "big, but not that big". Still sending me in for a late-term growth ultrasound. He wants the info on hand going into my delivery.

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? Cord prolapse with my 2nd. Between my c-section being from a freak occurrence and having a successful vaginal with my first, both doctor and I are confidence in my VBAC chances.

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Team Blue! :-) I admit, I wanted another little girl at first, but once they said we were having a boy (and I got over the initial twinge of disappointment), I can't imagine it being any other way and am super excited!

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageCeefome:

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? phys. pretty good, emotions...crying at the drop of a hat

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? 30 week appt today

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? epidural too early slowed me down...stopped dialating at 7 1/2 cm

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? pink!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageCeefome:

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? I am feeling pretty great. Normal aches and pains, and getting out the bed is ridiculous but otherwise great! Emotionally, wonderful.

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? Had my 1hr glucose, hoping I get no news.  Scheduled my  repeat c-section if LO isnt here by 41 weeks : / . They don't allow inductions.

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? During induction at 41.5 weeks, DS turned transverse and heart rate dropped.

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out? Team Pink this time around : ) .

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hi everyone! I usually lurk here and comment/post every now and then. I missed last weeks check in sooooo.....

1.  How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)? I am feeling good! Still working and my pregnancy has gone smooth.

2.  Any appointments or updates this week? no apppointments but baby has been head down for a while now! I thank Jesus for that!

3.  What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)? My labor progressed quickly, total of 7 hours at 40 weeks 0 days 11pm had csection 40 weeks 1day at 630am. I Dilated from 7 to 10 within 20 min causing baby boy into distress. First they brought in a resident to break my water (while I was already at 10) and she was shaking and couldnt break it. The baby's Rate went up but the attending doc was new and fought me on a c section, he was not my normal physician just an on call doc. After arguing and refusing to sign the consent I gave in because I was a FTM and my husband said just let them get the baby out. I wish they would have at least let me push. I think the doc panicked.

Team Pink!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

Physically I am feeling pretty good.  Emotionally, I am a little rattled after my appointment this week.  

I had a regular prenatal appointment on Wednesday.  Weight stayed exactly the same from last month.  The baby is great.  At first we couldn't find the little bugger then we heard a funny glurping sound that the MW said was baby turning over and then there was a heartbeat at a nice healthy 160.  However, because I had GD with my last baby, I had to take an early glucose test.  I failed miserably with a reading of 228 at one hour.  Now I have to take a fasting glucose and A1C.  I will also have a referral to Sweet Moms and will, I am sure, be diagnosed already with GD.  I am having a hard time dealing with this.  I had high hopes of avoiding GD this time.  The thought of poking my finger 4 times a day for the next 5+ months makes me sick and I live in fear of becoming insulin dependent because then I will have to transfer care to an OB.

My cs was 16 years ago with my oldest child.  She was a persistent frank breech in spite of an attempted external version.  I have since gone on to have two successful VBACs with babies 3 pounds bigger than oldest DD.

4.  Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out?  It is too early to find out but we are team green and we have been for all our babies.

Cali & Matt (18 yrs) Jessie (16), Emily (12), David (8) EDD 8/25/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. How are you feeling (both physically and emotionally)?

I'm feeling great right now, just very tired still! Emotionally I'm feeling charged up since having the talk with my doctor about a VBAC. I feel like my body can do this and I'm feeling very positive about it!

2. Any appointments or updates this week?

I had an ultrasound to check if I had any fibroids this last Friday (was an issue with my last pregnancy) and so far NOTHING! ;) We also got a nice big glimpse at the sex of our baby!

3. What were the circumstances around your c-section(s)?

I was 2 weeks late with DD and our insurance was going to be ending soon (husband was changing jobs). I went in to be induced from 0cm at 3pm with a balloon catheter. I got to 3 cm by midnight, then stayed there until about midnight. By the next morning I got to 5cm and then was given pitocin. I stayed at 5cm until 7pm that next night. Ouch. I decided to get the epidural and then we discussed my options. My waters had been broken for about 20 hours at that point and when they did an ultrasound, they realized my daughter's head was sideways and she was stuck. I have never felt so out of control of my own body as I did during my induction. I will never again be induced. If I end up needing a RCS after I go into labor, fine, but I will never "force" my body to go into labor like that again.

4. Are you team pink/blue/green, and if it's too early, do you plan on finding out?

Team blue! Asher Benjamin.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"