Food Allergy

Esophogitis?

Does anyone's LO have this? DS was diagnosed with it today after vomiting several times per day, even after being on Prevacid and putting rice cereal in his bottle. From what I was reading online, it can be very common in babies with a milk protein allergy. The pedi started him on Axid in combo with the Prevacid. Unfortunately he vomited immediately after I gave him the 1st dose, so I doubt he will get any of the benefits. If your LO is on Axid, how long till you saw results/relief for your LO?
imageimage

Re: Esophogitis?

• My boy has been on ranitidine for his esophogitis and it didn't take too long for it to start working. He's been eating great and rarely throws up.
  • My 3-year-old has this.  He was diagnosed shortly after his 2nd birthday with the same symptoms- constant vomitting (and some diarrhea too.)  We cut out the 8 allergens (milk, soy, wheat, eggs, peanuts & shellfish), and he stopped vomitting but the esophagus got worse. He went on a round of oral steroids and this completely healed him up.  We are now back on the diet as you can't be on the steroids long term and he goes March 6 for his check.

Just curious how they diagnosed this for you.  Our GI said that you can't get a diagnosis without an endoscopy.  DS goes every so often to see what the esophagus is looking like and that's how we figure out the course of action. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The pedi diagnosed it based on the symptoms we described and the behaviors he observed in his office. I looked it up on webmd and they say esophagitis is Esophagitis is a general term for any inflammation, irritation, or swelling of the esophagus, the tube that leads from the back of the mouth to the stomach.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"