Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Which fertility center are you using?

I posted over the weekend about using our previous donor, etc.    I am going to assume at this point that she is not on board with donating again, unless we hear otherwise.    I am still holding out some hope!!!

This aside, what clinic are you using?

Do they have an in house donor pool?

If so, are the eggs frozen or fresh?

Were you successful on the first try?

How much was your cycle if you used fresh eggs?

If frozen how much?

Do you know the clinics success rates?

The clinic we used prior was local to us and we have since moved, which makes this really hard to go back.    They also did not have an in house pool, so the total in the end (for just our successful cycle) was $50,000 once you include medications, donor fees, agency fee, ivf fees, icsi, etc.    Ugh, I wish this was easier!!!

Thanks ladies 

Re: Which fertility center are you using?

• Options

This aside, what clinic are you using? We are at FCI in Chicago.  The best success rates in our area are up at Advanced Fertility in Gurnee.  Insurance says we have to use FCI, so we do.

Do they have an in house donor pool?  FCI has an in house donor pool, but it's very small, 20-30 donors.

If so, are the eggs frozen or fresh?  We are using fresh, we obtained our donor from Center for Egg Options Agency.

Were you successful on the first try?  Cycling in late March, hope that in April I can answer this question in the affirmative.

How much was your cycle if you used fresh eggs?  Insurance pays for our cycle, but donor through agency was $12,500

If frozen how much? N/A

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options

Institute for Reproductive Health (OH) 

Yes, it's what we used.  

fresh

just had our transfer today....I really really hope so!! 

we opted for the shared risk program which ran about  $24,000 which includes 3 fresh/3 frozen tries (this price only pays for actual ivf. NOT donor fees/screening, meds, storage....or anything extra) 

If frozen how much?

they told us 60-65% success rate.  

Good luck with your decisions!! I know they aren't easy ones to make! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD conceived with no issues, but born at 33 weeks due to PPROM
    loss #1-06/2010 loss #2-2/2011 loss #3-5/2011
    07/2011 dx with a Balanced Translocation
    9/2011-decided on domestic infant adoption 10/2011-signed with an agency and getting ready for homestudy :)
    12-2012-after being with our agency over a year and only shown to EM once we decided to talk with RE about DEIVF. Thru a crazy sequence of events we decided to go for it and we picked a donor MUCH quicker than anticipated
    1/13/2013-started lupron with anticipated transfer in mid Feb.
    ER 2/15 resulted in 15 eggs/10M/6F with ICSI.
    2/18 transferred 1-8cell and 1-9cell embie. Snuggle in little embies.
    positive on HPT 6dp3dt. Could this really be IT?!?! Beta 14dp3dt=2440. U/S scheduled for 3/20. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehooliface:

This aside, what clinic are you using?  Our DE cycle was with Advanc.ed Fert.ility Center of Chicago.  

Do they have an in house donor pool? Yes, though you are free to bring in outside donors.  We chose a donor from the pool.

If so, are the eggs frozen or fresh?  Fresh transfer

Were you successful on the first try?  Yes (currently 23w)

How much was your cycle if you used fresh eggs?  Around $28,000

If frozen how much?

Do you know the clinics success rates?  Yes, they are extremely successful with DE cycles.  The unofficial clinical pregnancy rate in 2012 was 89.5% for fresh transfers.  Reported SART success rate in 2011 was 81.3% for clinical pregnancy and 80% for live birth. Frozen transfer numbers are much lower, with a clinical pregnancy rate in 2012 of 57.1%.  Clinical pregnancies in 2011 were 76.7% and live birth 53.5%.

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Options

Hi!

We used Seattle Reproductive Medicine in Seattle.

Yes, and they also use MyEggBank.com - so some of their donors you can get frozen or fresh.

You can do either, but not all fresh donors are available frozen.

Yes, I am 12w4d along :)

I'm not sure the total cost - all of my medical parts were covered by insurance, and some of the donor portion was covered via my partner's insurance. I believe the total for fresh was $28K - and frozen was more like $18K.

If frozen how much?

It was considerably less.

SART does - I know my clinic has ~70% for fresh DE cycles. Their FET % is not great, lik 30% - and Petra's clinic above has a way better FET rate (to the point if we want a second I may switch for the FET).

We went with a fresh, non-shared cycle (my donor had a successful shared cycle jus before ours, both got pregnant). We wanted some frosties in case it didn't work. We got 19r, 14mature, 11 fert, and ultimately 4 viable embies - we transferred 1 and froze 3.

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    imagehooliface:

I posted over the weekend about using our previous donor, etc.    I am going to assume at this point that she is not on board with donating again, unless we hear otherwise.    I am still holding out some hope!!! 

I think this is a good plan.

This aside, what clinic are you using? P-NW.F

Do they have an in house donor pool? Yes, they do not use outside eggs, and their frozen donor pool was recruited from their previous donors of successful fresh cycles.

If so, are the eggs frozen or fresh? I chose their frozen program because it guaranteed two high-quality 5 day embryos rather than a set number of eggs to try with.

Were you successful on the first try? Yes. I am currently 27w1d, and have two frozen embies waiting to try for a sibling. (Guarantee is for 2, we ended up with 3 and did a sFET.)

How much was your cycle if you used fresh eggs? Didn't investigate this path.

If frozen how much? They charge a flat rate that they list upfront on their website (~18K), not including meds. They deducted the cost of the tests done by my local RE without even me asking. My meds and the u/s leading up to the transfer were mostly covered by my insurance, although my actual cycle wasn't. All things considered, we spent an additional 2K more than their flat rate for our portion of pre-transfer tests and u/s, med copays, a nice hotel a block away from the clinic for a week, and airfare. 

Do you know the clinics success rates? They are available on SART, sort of. Frozen egg cycles are not being reported to SART yet, because the CDC hasn't developed a protocol as the science is too new. However, in discussing it with the RE, she reported numbers comparable to, but a few percentage points lower than, their fresh transfer success rates (upper 70%s). The reason they aren't seeing a significant drop off with frozen is their unique protocol. They go through as many eggs as needed to get those two great embryos, then they freeze them and assess them after thaw. This means that they aren't seeing the drop off that normal frosties have, because these aren't the 'left-overs' of a cycle, so to speak. They were strong going into the vitrification process. 

I am with PNWF as well, so everything that Petra said.

I only looked at clinics in the Seattle area.   I was confident in our choice and had a really positive experience with them. 

We chose frozen as well, which resulted in 3 high quality 5/6 day blasts frozen.  We thawed 2 and transferred 2. We have the 3rd waiting if we need it.  I'm 4dp5dt.  I'll know if it's successful on the 25th. 

Good Luck

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Options

1. I used San,Diego.Fertility.Center.

2. I loved their in house pool.

3. Fresh

4. Yes, twins due any day now.

5. We paid more because we wanted the guarantee package. We paid $32k in all including the donor fee (proven 3rd time), and guarantee.

6. 85% success rate 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Petra - good points. My insurance would cover fresh but not frozen eggs (made no sense) so since we were doing fresh, we went with SRM, and well, I was already far down the path, blah blah. And, well, I got pregnant first try - so I guess it was ok. I had started at PNW and actually had a pretty bad experience, it was probably just one person in a bad moment, but it did not make me want to go back there.

However, if the time comes that we do decide to slam out another one, I already was thinking of moving my embies to PNWF for the FET. I don't know what is up with SRM on that front, but the points you made above are very valid.

Of course, I figure I ought to get through this pregnancy first. :)

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options

Thank you all for the answers, I really appreciate it.    I am going to investigate the mentioned clinics and see which fits our situation better.     I will be giving our clinic we used with DD #2 a call and see if they will contact our donor before we move on to another donor.

I will keep you all posted!     As for those waiting results, I wish you all the best and pray for great news for you all. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"