Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Bassett Baby Crib Furniture? Thoughts?

We have been looking at cribs for a bit now and are trying to make our decision.  We're between Young America (more $$) and two sets of Bassett Baby collections (Ave & Benbrooke) that are sold at Buy Buy Baby and Bassett furniture stores. 

It seems odd that I can't find any reviews of the Bassett Baby cribs (either Ava, Benbrooke or anything).  Does anyone have Bassett Baby furniture? What do you think?  Thank you. 

The Young America set would cost us $1700 and the Bassett Baby would cost about $1200.  We know the YA is known as a more expensive brand and have read great reviews.  We also like that YA is made of maple, whereas Bassett Baby is made of poplar or pine.  

Re: Bassett Baby Crib Furniture? Thoughts?

• Options

Baby Bargains gives Basset cribs/furniture a B+ rating - they say that the cribs are good-quality but that the dressers are nothing impressive compared to lower-cost options.

They give Stanley/Young America a B+ as well - stating that they overprice their dressers and have outsourced a lot of their materials, etc. to Asia when they used to be strictly American-made.  They also say that the cribs are overpriced due to their simple styling (i.e. they're not as fancy to look at as Munire and Westwood cribs), but an added perk is the array of finishes that are available.

• Options
    imageGnomeSweetGnome:

Baby Bargains gives Basset cribs/furniture a B+ rating - they say that the cribs are good-quality but that the dressers are nothing impressive compared to lower-cost options.

They give Stanley/Young America a B+ as well - stating that they overprice their dressers and have outsourced a lot of their materials, etc. to Asia when they used to be strictly American-made.  They also say that the cribs are overpriced due to their simple styling (i.e. they're not as fancy to look at as Munire and Westwood cribs), but an added perk is the array of finishes that are available.

What edition of the Baby Bargains is that from? I believe YA brought all manufacturing back to the USA. I would have to double check though. I would personally rate YA above the other two brands you mentioned considering quality and quality control. Munire is a close second IMO. But if you want color choices YA would be the clear winner.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecribs2college:
    imageGnomeSweetGnome:

What edition of the Baby Bargains is that from? I believe YA brought all manufacturing back to the USA. I would have to double check though. I would personally rate YA above the other two brands you mentioned considering quality and quality control. Munire is a close second IMO. But if you want color choices YA would be the clear winner.

This info is from the 9th edition (2012 copyright).

• Options

Thank you so much!

We like that YA is American made and they're new grey (called Sand Piper) color looks very pretty and neutral.  The drawers on YA are definitely made better than the Bassett Baby so I get why it's $500 more for the set.

We saw Munire for the first time today. I loved a set that reminded me of a Restoration Hardware Baby set but my husband thought it was too grown up looking for a kids room.

Appreciate the info and opinions. Thanks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"