April 2012 Moms
Options

How long does it take for a tooth to actually show?!

We've joked since 4 months that DD would be the youngest baby with a tooth because she always had everything in her mouth and wanted to chew everything. Well, 10 months now and still no teeth... except now we REALLY think she's teething! LOL... she is thrusting her head back, cranky, doesn't want to be held, but doesn't want left on the floor. She's biting the bottle nipple, grabbing her ears, sticking her tongue out, had a fever of 102 for one day, but not anymore... but there is NO redness in her gums, and I can't really feel anything. How long can a baby be "teething" before one actually surfaces?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long does it take for a tooth to actually show?!

• Options

Micah's gums weren't red before teeth emerged. They were white. And Micah has been extra needy for about a month, but that's also due to his never ending cold and attachment issues. At this point, I have to live on the floor. He switches between wanting to sit on my lap/climb on me to play with wanting to play on his own. If I'm not sitting on the floor though, he'll crawl over to where I'm sitting and whine until I pick him up or move to the floor with him.

His first tooth looked white on a Sunday and emerged Wednesday. His second took almost 2 weeks, and now what I think is his third has been annoying him for about a month (white one day, fine the next).

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageSteelCity44:

Micah's gums weren't red before teeth emerged. They were white. And Micah has been extra needy for about a month, but that's also due to his never ending cold and attachment issues. At this point, I have to live on the floor. He switches between wanting to sit on my lap/climb on me to play with wanting to play on his own. If I'm not sitting on the floor though, he'll crawl over to where I'm sitting and whine until I pick him up or move to the floor with him.

His first tooth looked white on a Sunday and emerged Wednesday. His second took almost 2 weeks, and now what I think is his third has been annoying him for about a month (white one day, fine the next).

Did the teething affect his eating at all?? LO doesn't want bottle or sippy cup or any nipple size what so ever.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No teeth for Caroline yet and she is already 11 months old. I thought for sure she have teeth by now. Her gums are really white, I'm just waiting for the day one pops though. My oldest always ran a low grade fever and had a runny nose when she was teething.

• Options

I think the answer is FOREVER! LOL.  I swear DD was teething from 4 months to 6 months, and then the craziest thing happened.  We went to DD's 6 month check up and I complained to the doctor "I cant believe she hasn't gotten any teeth yet"  He said oh relax, most babies don't get teeth until 9-12 months.  two hours later I put my finger in her mouth and felt that her two bottom teeth had poked through! 

NOw we are working on a top tooth, and it has been coming down for weeks!  It has finally brokent throught the surface but still isnt visible (unless you get right up in there and feel it with your finger)

good luck!

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageMegSowers:
    imageSteelCity44:

Did the teething affect his eating at all?? LO doesn't want bottle or sippy cup or any nipple size what so ever.

when their gums get sore, it hurts to suck.  You can freeze some Formula or breast milk on a wash cloth and let them nom on it. also, even though everyone advises against it, I do sometimes give dd some numbing stuff on her gums right before her bottle.

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagejessandandy09:
    imageMegSowers:
    imageSteelCity44:

Thanks!! We did a mesh bag with an ice cube in it, then gave her a bottle about 30 min later. She ate all 7 oz! 

when their gums get sore, it hurts to suck.  You can freeze some Formula or breast milk on a wash cloth and let them nom on it. also, even though everyone advises against it, I do sometimes give dd some numbing stuff on her gums right before her bottle.

• Options

Matt has seven teeth now. He will get super cranky, will eat less during the day and will be up a bunch at night (usually just for one night) then the next day I look, and there will be a tooth!

I definately noticed the first couple ones, he would have a really red spot on his gums. I guess I don't notice it as much now but that's probably because he hates it when I look in his mouth, haha.

He's been drooling for months now and has chewed on everything for months too.

• Options
    My 10 month old has 8 teeth and her gums have never been red. You see white when a tooth is coming
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"