Pre-School and Daycare
Options

boys standing to urinate

How old were your boys when you taught them to stand while urinating instead of always sitting? DS turns three tomorrow. His cousin who is 5 months older already does it like a pro. TIA.
Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: boys standing to urinate

• Options
    DS was a little less than three and a half when he learned. It was a month or two after he trained. We were at my dad's house and my dad took him to the bathroom and just assumed DS stood to pee. DS tried it and started doing it more frequently after that until he was doing it all the time.

• Options
    I can't remember when he started doing it full time but he did it at least some of the time from 2.5.  Start with the bathtub or outside...then work on aim ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH taught DS1 to pee standing from the start.  He was 2.5.  Throw a cheerio or two in the toilet and have him aim for those.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks, I think we may start working on it. DH may have to take the lead :
  • Options
    3.5ish
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Ha! I am trying to encourage my boys to sit. My oldest is the only one that stands most of the time. But he has pretty good aim and always has. He is 7. My youngest prefers to sit and he is just about three and a half. My middle son can stand, but misses the mark. But then again, I am not really worried about this milestone. I prefer not to clean up pee off the floor!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    About 2.5
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagersd12:
    Ha! I am trying to encourage my boys to sit. My oldest is the only one that stands most of the time. But he has pretty good aim and always has. He is 7. My youngest prefers to sit and he is just about three and a half. My middle son can stand, but misses the mark. But then again, I am not really worried about this milestone. I prefer not to clean up pee off the floor!

LOL! Thanks for that, I guess I was only looking at the positives, not the negatives :
  • Options
    DS was 3.5+ y.o.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We skipped sitting. He wanted to be "like Daddy". He was 2.5 when he potty trained. He does really well with it.
  • Options
    I don't even remember.  Probably around 3-3.5.  He started with the step stool and of course he's tall enough now to do it without the stool.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    My 6yo could do it since he started potty training at 2y9m but even then he prefers to sit. Next year in 1st grade he will have a urinal so he will stand more.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    My DS is almost 3.5 and knows how.  He prefers to sit most the time though.
  • Options
    A week after he potty trained at 3y1m, he decided to teach himself how to pee standing up during quiet time. I taught him how to clean up when he misses and how to aim that day.
  • Options
    Our boys were potty trained by 2.6.... more like 2.4 and I barely remember them sitting to pee.  I think they've been standing up basically since they potty trained and they are really good about it.  Rarely rarely do they miss.  

• Options
    The first time he peed he was standing... 

That being said, he's not always a straight shooter :S  (He's 4 1/2 now)
  • Options
    He started out doing both..so 2.5. We used it as a bargaining tool "Do you wanna pee standing up or sitting down?" Sometimes he picks one more than the other. It took some figuring out, especially in more circular toilets. I swear the kid can pee like 3 feet straight out in front of him if he doesn't "push it down."
  • Options
    DS is just learning now and he is 4+ yrs old.
  • Options
    My son's been doing this for about a month. He still misses sometimes, but in general he does a good job of getting the pee in the toilet.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"