International Bumpies

Munich airport?

Hi! I have a 4 hour layover here and was wondering how the airport was. Thanks :) I will be by myself...I'm sure I will be fine...lol.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: Munich airport?

• Airport-ish!  :-)  Do you have any specific concerns?  I remember grabbing some breakfast somewhere and buying some throat drops in a very large supermarket in the airport, that's about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelrn327:
    Airport-ish!  :-)  Do you have any specific concerns?  I remember grabbing some breakfast somewhere and buying some throat drops in a very large supermarket in the airport, that's about it.

I guess I asked for that one...haha. Just wondering if there are alot of food choices or such. Idk. I've never had a layover that long in another country. Just curious is all :)  Silly question..I know!!

::leaving with embarrass grin on face::

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • It depends on which terminal you get.  One terminal is really small and there is not much there.  The other terminal is much larger and has lots of shopping and food.  Which airline are you going to be on?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lufthansa. Hopefully I get the "bigger" ternimal...lol. Guess it really doesn't matter...I love to read and I'm sure by grabbing a bite to eat the time will sail on by. Thanks!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Lufthansa normally flies in and out of the bigger terminal, so you should be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Like the PP said, the big terminal has lots of shopping in the middle (though admittedly mostly high end, but still fun to look). And I always grab a pretzel in Munich - love those real German pretzels! (If you're lucky enough to have lounge access, they have sleeping rooms so you can grab a nice nap.)
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• There is a fast chair massage place in one of the terminals!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    great shops there! and plenty of food :) I was at the lufthansa terminal in Dec.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"