Pregnant after 35

Movement Question

I'm currently 20 weeks. I felt flutters at 16 weeks then nothing again until exactly 19 weeks. Then I felt movement for a few days in a row, esp after eating or drinking something sweet. I thought the movement was becoming regular. Now I've not been feeling anything for a few days and I'm just wondering if this is normal?  I can't remember a lot from my first pg--blame it on Mommy Brain. LOL. I do remember the movements started sometime after 18 weeks but I can't remember when they started to occur daily. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Movement Question

• I felt the first flutters around 16 weeks, but nothing was regular (like not even once a day) until the end of 2nd tri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've been able to feel the movement sooner with each pregnancy, but also had it intermittent like you said.  I think it's because you're more in tune with what the feeling feels like.  But, I think since the baby is still so small you can't feel it all the time.  Within the next week or two you'll probably start to feel it every day. 

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Loading the player...
  • It depends so much on how the baby is positioned. I felt first flutters at 17 weeks (this is my first pregnancy), but then several days would go by before I felt something again. I was not feeling movement on a daily basis until 22-23 weeks.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • I didn't feel anything till nearly 20w and daily movement at about 25w.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I have had intermittent movement, especially earlier (from 16 or 17 weeks until about 21 weeks). Now, at almost 25 weeks, I still have stretches where P?pite isn't as active and/or is positioned in a way that I'm not feeling it.

I definitely think a lot of it is positional. When I had my 20 week US, the LO was head down and spine up and by the 22 week US, the LO was head up and face more up. I could definitely feel more movement with the week 22 positioning.

If you buy a stethoscope (doesn't have to be expensive), you can hear more movement than you can feel. Whenever I got nervous, I would listen instead of try and feel and I could hear the babe punching/kicking away and I'd feel so much better...
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"