April 2012 Moms

The RSV monster has attacked!!!

LO has RSV! :(  I think we are on the mend at this point...but TUesday night he had a low grade fever and just wasn't acting himself....Tuesday morning -- he was whiney and crying.  The babysitter called about 1:00pm and said that he was just miserable and was breathing funny.  I immediaetly went and picked him up and took him to the pedi.  He was having trouble breathing and had a really rapid heart rate :(  I was horrified!!  Thankfully - he is getting better and was even playing and smiling the past couple of days!!! Ready to kick this to the curb!!!!  LO already has Reactive Airway Disease -- so he just has a hard time when he gets any type of cold anyway -- this has by-far been the worst!!!

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: The RSV monster has attacked!!!

• Oh no! DS just had it last month. He was diagnosed when we went to the ER--he had 2 breathing treatments that didn't work and finally had to have a third. Unfortuantely, there's nothing you can do but wait it out and watch that he doesn't get worse.

I'm not familiar with reactive airway disease. How does it affect colds?

I hope it passes quickly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is finally better!! but now i have the gunk!! YUCk --oh well! better me than him!!!!

Rob is on Levalbuteral in a nebulizer 3 times a day due to the RSV - but anytime he gets a regular cold -- he has to start the neb again just because of the Reactive Airway Disease.  Basically --- it is similar to baby asthma...and when he gets a common cold -- its a little harder on him becasue the RAD makes his airways constrict more than they should.  He's a champ though :)

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"