Houston Babies
Options

First time mom... Any tips or recommendations?

I just found out that I'm a little over 5 wks pregnant, I know that it's still very early.  This is all new to me and I am the last out of my friends to be having a baby.  I will be living in the Katy area and I work in Cypress.  I am looking for any helpful tips, ideas/recommendations and things that I should be prepping for now, just want to get ahead of things. Thanks!

Re: First time mom... Any tips or recommendations?

• Options
    Are you on Facebook? There's a page called Houston Pregnancy Birth you might like. Have you toured the Katy Birth Center? I'm not sure if you are planning a natural birth, but it's gorgeous! They also have classes there sometimes for learning about essential oils, breastfeeding, etc. That FB page is pretty good about sharing events. There's a Houston Birth Alternatives page, there are Babywearing pages, there's the B.I.R.T.H. Fair in October. There's so much stuff! My FB page is Keen Doula Care. I post birth, parenting and breastfeeding articles and I try to post events as I learn about them. If you search the B.I.R.T.H. website it has events and resources too. Also check out Basset Baby Planning. She could help you out too. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Feel free to email me if you have any questions about the stuff I mentioned. Keendoulayahoo.com
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the info!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sure! I hope it helps! Best of luck.
  • Options

Hi There,

What about those of us that don't Facebook? *gasp* 

I know, it is shocking but I don't facebook and I seriously have no desire to create an account ever.

Are there any websites that I could go to to get helpful information?

I live on Westheimer near 1464.  I ended driving all the way to Cypress at Nutured Family to attend a cloth diapering class.  The class by the way was free, and it was terrific.  Rebecca went over all the different types of diapers, traditional, pocket, all in one etc. It was totally worth the drive to go there.

I've tried to look up LLLI groups near me... and the LLLI website was not working properly. 

I appreciate any information.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"