Pregnant after 35
Options

I would like off the ride for a day or two, please.

I'm so congested from MONTHS of congestion and bloody noses, that I'm feeling like it's time to cut out my nose and throat. It feels like I'm swallowing knives every time I swallow. My voice is SHOT. I'm coughing up goop like it's my job.

And this babe is camped out on my bladder like it's the only habitable spot on the face of the earth. I literally spent all of my shift yesterday bouncing between the two bathrooms on my floor and managing to care for my patients during the times between. Thankfully, they were easy, low-key patients!

It's 3am and I've been up for an hour because I can't handle the sore throat and the congestion (with accompanying headache) and I'm going to watch Grey's Anatomy, then Bones, and then-- if I'm still awake-- Downton Abbey. And drink more orange juice than is probably healthy.

And then I would really like this congestion bullpoopy to go away.
*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: I would like off the ride for a day or two, please.

• Options
    Did I mention that I'm really really thrilled to be pregnant finally and I know that there are others who are DYING to have my problems.

I'm just being a cranky, wimpy pregnant lady for now.
    *********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• Options
    So sorry about your congestion....I have that too.  For some reason, I am huge fan of orange juice with this pregnancy too.  I've resorted to doing 1/2 water and 1/2 OJ like I did for my kids when they were little, and it actually isn't bad.  It helps me consume a lot more water that way, and cuts the calories in half. 

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At work, because I have limited access to water and bathrooms and want to avoid a UTI, I drink 1/2 water and 1/2 cranberry juice. Sometimes I add a little orange juice for the variety.

Thank goodness I don't have to work until Monday. I am definitely going to need a nap.

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Same here with congestion. Been a month. Went to Ent and prob won't resolve til after delivery... Now On Rhinocort which is helping

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options
    Omg I am so glad I'm not the only one. I was sick a month ago bad head cold. Have been congested ever since. Congested dry nose and sore and bloody. So aggravating. I feel like my first graders blowing their noses all the time!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    You're allowed to be a cranky pregnant lady.  It's worth it, but it's definitely can be very uncomfortable at times.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    I get congested but only when I sleep. I have a humidifier and prop myself up with pillows but always end up with a stuffed up nostril and can't breathe.

I am loving orange juice now. Never liked it before but now I crave it!

I give you mega props for being on your feet most of the day, I don't know how you do it!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Options

imageMrsNukem:
    I get congested but only when I sleep. I have a humidifier and prop myself up with pillows but always end up with a stuffed up nostril and can't breathe. I am loving orange juice now. Never liked it before but now I crave it! I give you mega props for being on your feet most of the day, I don't know how you do it!

I work 2-3 instead of 3-4 shifts a week, wear my awesome compression socks, have MH do almost all the housework as well as massage my feet at night, and spend most of my shifts mumbling (or not mumbling) things like, "This baby is working over my bladder like it's a prizefighter going for the championship belt" and "I should just get myself a rolling commode because I can't seem to work without having to pee like a racehorse" and "Holy Hannah, I've got electricity running down my leg" and lastly, "For Pete's Sake, I'm not even huge yet!"

Believe me, I'm not one of those quiet, gracefully suffering types. I'm sure my coworkers are so tired of me grumbling.

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    I'm going to join in becauase I HATE mouth breathing!!! But inevitably every night I wake up with super duper dry mouth and completely clogged nose. We invested in a good humidifier but it doesn't seem to help much. I have to agree though, kudos for being on your feet all day, I sit on my butt all day and I still make DH give me a nightly foot massage..
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yuck. I would be complaining too if that were happening to me. You're a nurse so I'm sure you thought of this long ago, but a cold-mist humidifier can be very helpful. I was having sinus pressure and pain for the better part of last week and it definitely helped (well, that and making hot tea and putting my toweled head over it to breathe in the steam).
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options

Sorry you're not feeling well.  :(  It's OK, you have every right to complain if you want to.  I'm the same way.  It took me forever and a miscarriage to get pregnant with DD, and I was/am right there complaining along with everyone else.

Have you tried the maternity support belt yet to help your bladder out?  They really do work.

Melissa

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"