Maine Babies
Options

Question about stitches...

I had a 2nd degree tear that required stitches to repair.  The last few days I have been feeling a lit tug here and there and sometimes there is a little blood on the tp (not where the lochia is coming from).  I checked in the shower today and it feels like there are still stitches there.  I thought they dissolved after a week (I am 4 w pp).  I will probably call the OB today but was wondering what your experience was.

Re: Question about stitches...

• Options
    I've actually wondered about this, too.  Interested to see the responses.  I know what you mean about the tug - just kind of a pressure if I walk or do too much.
  • Options
    I think it took about 3-4 weeks for me to stop seeing blood from where my stitches were and to stop feeling a little pain from there. It wasn't a serious pain, just noticable, but everything checked out great at my 6w pp.  I didn't really notice anything past 4w pp though, so I'd definetly call your ob if you still do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought they were supposed to dissolve in a few days as well but mine actually just came out yesterday (i'm 3 w pp) and I had the blood on the tp thing as well.
  • Options
    mine took about 5 weeks to dissolve completely... so i wouldn't worry, it sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on them which is why you are feeling them, or you are healed and they are working themselves out (i had a couple left at my 6 week PP checkup and my OB just plucked them out for me and all the irritation was gone). but i had a 4th degree tear and one continuous stitch. they are supposed to dissolve completely on their own, but i think they start to break down in a week or two but can take a while to be gone completely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine took till right before my 6 wk pp check-up to dissolve compeltely.  I had a lot!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"